Jw carts

by Jrjw 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

I was just thinking it would be funny if apostates set up jwfacts carts and placed them in areas where the jws do their metropolitan witnessing to unwitness to people the witnesses have spoken to. It would probably get the jws backs up like or it would stop the cart witnessing altogether

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Yes, I'd thought about that. My only reticence is in the fact that no one is remotely interested in the Jobo trolleys (oops sorry, I forgot, we have to talk like Americans even here in the UK. I meant 'carts' in a slurred accent).

That being the case, no one would be interested in counter Jobo trolleys.

It sounds fun but I think would have little or no effect. It'd probably just make the Jobos feel persecuted and therefore validate their foolish belief in Armageddon™.

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

Jws that I know who do the carts always rave on about all the people that have gone and spoken to them and the literature they've placed. They think cart witnessing is doing really well

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    jrjw - Jws that I know who do the carts always rave on about all the people that have gone and spoken to them and the literature they've placed. They think cart witnessing is doing really well

They're all on meds that skews their judgement. Or just lying.

No way is anyone interested in them. They're pulling your leg, mate.

• alanv
    alanv

I really dont know why they could think cart witnessing is a good way to get new members. Particularly since their introduction JW membership has been going down and down. The last two years, Europe has seen more leave the org than they have gained. In fact just about every first world country that has the internet has been going down hill.

• stillin
    stillin

It doesn't seem like they are really looking for new members. Sure, the individuals doing the preaching get some bragging rights if they bring a study to a meeting, but really? Not much is very appealing. The studies get love-bombed for a while, have some direction which they lacked in their lives before, but after all is said and done, it's just a sad little religion.

• tiki
    tiki

Waste of time...the stupid cart thing makes them look so ludicrous in the first place...no need for alternative "witnessing"

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

was it obligatory for each congregation to buy so many of these carts ? how much do they cost ? who supplies them ?

• steve2
    steve2

Jrjw, if passersby cared enough about the JW message you’d be onto something by setting up a response cart. But passersby don’t give a flying fig. They’d see no difference between you and JWs. Distinctions do not matter to disinterested people. You could try it but my guess would be you’d be bored stiff within days and the JWs would interpret your presence as “persecution” and get a great thrill out of it. They’d also still be doing their cart work long after you’ve stopped and say to themselves, “See these apostates have got no staying power. We have because Jehovah’s spirit’s with us.” Of course it isn’t but from their distorted perspective....

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

It would have an effect - one of causing the JW cart people to run away. If setting up carts becomes so "triggering" for them maybe they won't want to do it anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit