JWs Still Attending on Zoom

by XBEHERE 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Journeyman
    Journeyman
    Probably closing their KH and making them drive inconveniently further.

Wouldn't that make the Zoom situation even worse?

The only thing I could see them doing was suggested by someone else previously: withdraw the right to connection and make it something subject to 'approval' by the elders, for 'genuine' cases of sickness or infirmity.

The problem with that is, once someone has the code, they could continue connecting even after they've recovered. Or they might share the code with others in the congregation. So the elders would have to keep changing the login details. It would create a lot more hassle for local congregations.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

A PIMO relative told me that a number of NYC congs will not be able to view the upcoming RCs via ZOOM. Congs in other states (such as VA, WVA, NC, SC, GA, FL, LA, TN, etc.) will be provided this platform (with special ID#s and passcodes) for those who cannot attend in person. However, my relative related that her elduhs and elduhs from other dubs who she is friends with in other NYC congs are encouraging members--regardless of their physical/ medical, financial, or secular statuses--to travel to the CAHs where the RCs are usually held. After "giving a piece of her mind" to her elduhs about this, one of them (who she gets along with) called her back a couple of days ago to tell her that he will try to see if there is another way she can view the RC.

WT is more than likely doing this so that their followers and off-the-street visitors can DONATE when they cry out for contributions! This is the usual $$$$$GRAB technique, particularly since the cultporation has not received plenty of funds during the pandemic! #SHIESTYAF!

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

I had a PIMO friend call the other night. He was outside tossing the ball for his dog, enjoying a cocktail, AND logged into his meeting on Zoom...camera off...on mute. lol. :)

He was marked as a meeting attendee... :)

I don't see many JWs in a hurry to hurry back anytime soon.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

All elders have been told to log into zoom during the meeting and check who is on and if anyone in their group is missing

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

We always use zoom, no camera, microphone off ...... read the paper, do useful jobs make sarky comments about the meeting

• Chevelle
    Chevelle

On Reddit, there is a post about Zoom meetings getting discontinued soon. Starting with Brazil. Has anyone heard about this yet?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Saves an hour of getting dressed. No uncomfortable chairs. I do housework to stay awake. Wife is legitimately sick.

Elders DO judge on outward appearance of illness and their opinions about imagined ills.

The downside is no more snow days.

If wife passes, bye bye.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Me and my alzheimers started another post instead of adding, sorry

• blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit