God Has Only One Visible Organization on Earth!

by Vanderhoven7 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

But what was God's crucial single visible organization from 300 AD to 1800 AD i.e., before Russell came on the scene?

The Roman Catholic Church of course ,what other organization lasted that long ?
    And is still in existence

And their are currently about 1.3 Billion members .

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Smiddy3 - You stole my thunder! Nice!!!

Speaking in rough numbers and approximations:

• 4000 BCE - The first human civilization in recorded history.
    • 1200 - 900 BCE - The creation of ancient Israel as a nation.
    • 33 CE - According to Christians, Israel ceases to be God's "visible organization" and is replaced by the church.
    • 99 CE - John, the last living Apostle dies and begins the "great apostasy" according to the Watchtower.
    • 1919 CE - The Watchtower proclaims itself to be God's visible organization on Earth.

Beginning with recorded history, the first 3,100 years of recorded history there is no visible organization for the god of the Bible on Earth. According to the Watchtower, there was no visible organization for the god of the Bible for 1,820 years until Judge Rutherford caught the eye of King Jesus of the Heavenly Kingdom of YHWH. So, no salvation for anyone between the years of 99 CE and 1820 CE.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

The WTS preaches that there is a single visible organization because that way, they can insert themselves between God and humanity. Being a gatekeeper in that sense confers immense power and influence on a person or group. The leadership of the WTS has always pushed the idea that he/they are God's conduit on Earth.

It's also nonsense, of course. If I can reach out to God directly in prayer, and God listens to prayers and answers prayers... why do I need a man or a group of men to intervene? Didn't Jesus already intervene in the way that actually mattered? Didn't He specifically mention that He was the conduit, not some hucksters who wouldn't even be born for some 1,900 years?

If God is within reach to me, why would I depend on someone else to act as a middle man? Too many religions treat God as if he was a CEO, needing intermediaries at every step of the way, keeping the little people from ever even catching a glimpse of him. No no no! I have a direct line. Step aside, please.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It makes them feel part of a tribe. Humans seem to be tribal after all. that's why people get salty over football teams etc.

Watchtower, September 15, 1895: "Beware of "organization." It is wholly unnecessary. The Bible rules will be the only rules you will need. Do not seek to bind others' consciences, and do not permit others to bind yours."

• Ding
    Ding

Punkofnice,

I have cited that quote to many JWs.

I've never gotten a response.

Deer in the headlights.

Does not compute...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Ding. Probably you'll get the usual boo hoo of 'but that's old light(tm)'.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Yes, but remember new light does not contradict old light but adds to it.

The accurate rationalization is that this quotation originated in 1895 wheras Jehovah only became editor of the Watchtower in 1919.

Thus pre-1919 truths don't really count.🙃

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Honestly, I think it’s even simpler.

At this point (despite what any loyalist will insist), the everyday, mundane, boots-on-the-ground aspects of being a JW aren’t particularly appealing.

Affiliation with “God’s Exclusive Earthly Organization” is really the only half-tangible incentive left.

Case in point; how many of us here started planning our WTexit (consciously or otherwise) the moment we realized it wasn’t?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Russell was right Punky

"Beware of "organization." It is wholly unnecessary. The Bible rules will be the only rules you will need. Do not seek to bind others' consciences, and do not permit others to bind yours."

Watchtower, September 15, 1895:

• jhine
    jhine

Spot on Tonus , but all excellent points. I say this as an outsider looking in .

I have learnt so much on this site .

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit