Well this is bad

by Akid48 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• Akid48
    Akid48

So like a week or 2 ago i got mad a my bible teacher and we started to debate a little.Look i now that was a dumb move but im not a the best point in my life and my angry is not in the best control. So little did i know i had a family member was listening. So the family worship we had turned to convince me that the jw life is the best life.

after that my life is turning into shit as of now i have been having depression and now its 2x as bad.

• Chook
    Chook

Kiddo you are a or community assignment to keep you sane and thinking rational. Keep asking them questions as to authenticity of governing body. We are here to help and we wish you well in your anti indoctrination campaign. Cheers chook

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

after that my life is turning into shit as of now i have been having depression and now its 2x as bad.

You should not feel bad for expressing what you think and how you feel. They are the ones who should be ashamed for trying to stop you from doing so.

Keep that in mind. The only way that your life is turning into shit, is if you value their shit. Loving them as family doesn't mean that they can violate your personal boundaries.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Hey, no matter what, things will be tough on you with immediate family blind that they are in a dangerous mind control cult. You will have to pick some battles here and there to stand up for yourself. Otherwise, you will shock your family later when you become inactive. Better to let them see you using your mind properly to question some of it.

I wouldn't recommend debating at the hall and I would not think you should always debate. But personal and family study time is proper now and again.

The worst they can do to you is assign you to a Bible study and take away your birthday and not help you go to college. But they do that anyway.

• Akid48
    Akid48

@scratchme1010

it hard to love them when i get treated like shit because i dont have the same view point on jws

what i mean by that is being dicks when i talk to them etc nothing super bad

• Tapioca
    Tapioca

The balancing act you are now required to display is tough for anyone. There were some pretty hairy times with my family as I was learning to question things--and you will have to decide when to be silent and when to speak up. I don't think it's ever easy to know WHEN to do WHAT. We really care for you here on this site and we want you to be successful, so we give advice in hopes that you can endure this without too much bitterness and resentment toward your family. You are on the right track. Just forgive yourself when you think you've overstepped and give yourself a pat on the back at the same time!

Your burden is a wonderful one--at least you KNOW now, and your mind is not under someone else's control. You KNOW! They are misguided loved ones who think that they know what's best for you...be gentle with them as you can. They can never take away what you already know. Best of luck to ya, Kid48.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit