Baptized at a young age, homeschooled, and pioneered ...

by Wild_Thing 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

And all of this by the time I was 14. I was the youngest person in my pioneer school. Was anybody else in the trenches (to this degree) at such a young age?

I look back on it now and marvel at how isolated I was. Since I didn't attend school and wasn't old enough to have a job, I didn't have ANY contact with outside people (except out if service ... if they would answer the door.). No wonder I was so brainwashed! I had nothing in my life to juxtapose against my JW life. Nothing that would cause me to question my reality. It all seemed so normal to me.

Is it still common for young teens to be homeschooled and pioneer?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Home schooling is becoming more of thing in JWLand, as for pioneering at 14, well maybe not with exceptions.

Must keep are children brainwashed to do Jah's will and purpose that is distributing the WTS's literature to the public.

It would appeared that the controlled brainwashing of children in the JW cult has ramped itself up more so than any time in the WTS/JWS history.

The WTS wants these (their) children segregated from outside information and associations.

• ElderEtta
    ElderEtta

you could be my grandson who is now 26 or 27 years old and whom I have never met

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll

I knew a girl who was home schooled entirely and was never allowed to interact with anyone who wasn't a JW (there were no kids on her neighborhood anyways). Her parent's strategy worked without a hitch: she's a happily brainwashed JW to this day!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I wonder if the occurrence of putting up a higher wall around JWS children has some relation to the WTS's doctrines showing deceitful fault.

It seems like the WTS and its supporting hunch men the elders might know that the doctrines have been bullshit but they still create appealing power toward themselves nevertheless.

Let it be understood that being a JWS child in the 60's and 70's there was a wall to be seen and recognized but this home schooling thing is something that seems to be more apparent within young JWS families today.

The WTS has always devalued education as a point of uselessness and a waste of time being that the end was so near.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

When I was a JW I dated two girls that were homeschooled. Both were very defensive in the fact that they were homeschooled and both were always trying to prove they were clever and not stupid.

• just fine
    just fine

I had a homeschooled roommate once. She was sadly one of the kids whose parents were not involved on her schooling. She had no idea about countries and continents. She wasn't stupid, just uneducated. Sad really.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Home-schooling amongst witnesses is a massive thing in my part of the world sadly.

The "Spiritual families" are wearing this as a badge of honour!

Too bad it will bite them in the back side when these kids get older....

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

She wasn't stupid, just uneducated.

Yes that's an important thing to say, just because a child is home schooled doesn't mean they are stupid but only uneducated on many things, they tend to have a restrained or repressed intellect.

The JW cult is not the only religious cult that instills home schooling, the advent of higher education is not encouraged by many cults particularly for girls.

These cults are very cold to outside learning or extending knowledge through outside institutions but not surprisingly they seems to show up at hospitals with bags of money to cure or save someone's life if they become ill.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away
    stuckinarut25 hours ago5 hours ago

Too bad it will bite them in the back side when these kids get older

Finkelstein4 hours ago4 hours ago

She wasn't stupid, just uneducated.

Yes that's an important thing to say, just because a child is home schooled doesn't mean they are stupid but only uneducated on many things, they tend to have a restrained or repressed intellect.

Not always so. We home schooled our daughter through 11th grade. She graduated top in her 12th grade class and received a 75% scholarship to four years at a private college, graduated sumaa cum laude, earned her teacher's certification and now teaches 5th grade in an international school overseas.

Our son owns his own marine rigging business and employs three people. We home schooled him through eighth grade. He went on to graduate with honors from a marine studies magnet school in spite of profound dyslexia. He didn't go to college and is still a success in business just like his parents.

Best not to make assumptions or sweeping generalizations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit