Jws getting drunk

by Farmer Jim1 27 Replies latest jw friends

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Not former, I think in England, you can legally drink at age 16.

The legal age for buying and/or consuming alcohol in the UK is 18. Obviously you can drink in private or at a party at any age if you can get an adult to buy it for you.

George

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Ron W: A few days later his wife rang and tried to berate me for taking him out and getting him drunk.

So, looks like he tried to cover for being drunk by claiming it was your fault. Sounds like a grade A scumbag.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Enough is Enough- I have had all kinds of lies made up about me by Jw's. Was that I was going to San Francisco to satisfy my secret gay lifestyle. This was from a pioneer/elderette sister, a real busybody. My business trip turned into a meeting when I got back home by the elderette 's husband accusing me of very bad acts. I asked the 3 elders in their little meeting if they would like to talk to my business partners and clients. They didn't want to.

• wunce_wuz
    wunce_wuz

Mid to late 70's I was walking through the Towers Bethel lobby and seen two NYPD cops dragging in a drunk passed-out Bethelite. He was gone the next day. Those untested new-boys....

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I gave the 'reading(tm)' at Skegness A$$emb£y when I was a teenager.

Me and me mate whet and got 'as a newt' at the boozer. (I won't say 'pissed' because in Americanese it means angry whereas it means inebriated to we Brits).

The CO came and thanked me after the session and looked a little disturbed at me. Poor old Bev Gibbons, he didn't comment on my post pub Andy Capp look. I wonder what happened to him? Bev Gibbons, not Andy Capp. He was one of the old school CO's IMHO and not the narcissistic corporation bully boy creeps you get now.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

PON: Where I come from pissed means the same thing. In fact, we had our own local form of rhyming slang for it, named after a famous tennis player. Adrian Quist (or just Adrian) = pissed.

I know that you didn't ask the question, but whatever did happen to Andy Capp? 🤔

• Journeyman
    Journeyman
    I know that you didn't ask the question, but whatever did happen to Andy Capp?

He's still alive and well and being depressingly northern in The Daily Mirror, among other places!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/cartoons/andy-capp/

The original artist/cartoonist died in 1998 and there have been several others since but they've maintained the original style.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

I always read the Andy Capp comic strip when I was a kid. I don't think I understood half of it at the time, but it is a childhood memory.

• stan livedeath
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    NotFormer5 days ago
    StanLivedeath: drunk, 16 and a Christmas party...did the elders ever find out? 😱

no--this was about 7 years before the elders idea was copied from the mormons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit