Jehovah's Witnesses on BBC World Service radio

by jw news 2017 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jw news 2017
    jw news 2017
    © Copyright BBC World Service © Copyright BBC Heart and Soul
    " Witness Protection
    Heart and Soul
    Jehovah’s Witnesses follow a strict interpretation of the Bible. It is supposed to shape every facet of the lives of its 8 million followers around the world.
    Its beliefs set it apart not only from non-believers and other Christian faiths.
    But what has emerged in recent years is an alleged catalogue of sexual abuse that has gone unreported and unpunished due to this adherence to the literal word of God.
    David Cook meets the survivors of years of abuse who say their claims were ignored because of the lack of two witnesses to the crime, a major law of the organisation which it says is enshrined in the Bible.
    Jehovah’s Witnesses deny they shelter any abusers but he will hear how some alleged abusers were allowed to remain part of the organisation because of the lack of witnesses.
    He will also investigate how this insular worldwide community is responding to mounting pressure to turn over decades of testimonies which could expose thousands more cases of abuse... "

~ Quoted text, and video image, from the web page:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p056p7wg
    Audio of the programme:
    'Heart and Soul ~ Witness Protection' ~ broadcast on BBC World Service at13:32 UK time, on 30th June 2017

© Copyright BBC World Service © Copyright BBC Heart and Soul

• jw news 2017
  • jw news 2017
  • jw news 2017
  • LV101
    LV101

Thank you for sharing, jwn2017 - I'll listen to your links at daybreak.

• alanv
    alanv

Thanks for posting. Great that t went out on the world service

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I listened to this with my wife this morning. It was an excellent program, factual, rational with no exaggerations, dubious facts or errors. There was nothing to argue against. A slam dunk for any unbiased listener.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

I downloaded it.

• jw news 2017
    jw news 2017

The whole of this programme is now on YouTube, in one video... And with better sound quality... On the channel :

RunFromTheTower

https://youtu.be/pjFZy3918_A

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Thanks for posting this !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit