JWs & the united Nations

by sandy 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sandy
    sandy

Can anyone tell me how to find the information proving that the JWs have dealings with the UN and that they are in fact members. I went on the UN main website but I could not find anything. I tried their search engine and nothing came up.

Please help!

Thanks.

Still on the fence,

Sandy

• zev
  • Xander
    Xander

You'll have to call the UN or the WT to ask for the publications or excuses (whichever).

The WT withdrew its membership when it was 'caught', but the info was on the site up until the end of 2001, IIRC.

I think the only place this info exists now is on the 'web archive' project:

http://web.archive.org

But I can't for the life of me remember where it was on there.

• sandy
    sandy

Thank you very much all who responded.

Zev your link was very informative-thank you. I have begun my investigation into this Org. I was taught to trust and love all my life. I appreciate yours and everyone els's help.

Sandy

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

Sandy,

I wrote & emailed the UN directly. They emailed me back the same day... whereas I never recieved anything by mail.

The WTBTS wrote me back (their form letter).

I also wrote to the journalist who broke the story in England... he emailed me back.

Hmmm, I used the UN website to print off their brochure on NGO's etc. and I also got the Librarian at the library to respond.

All in all, it took about 2 months to get everything... the Society being the longest to respond. They never wrote back to my 2nd letter questioning the "library" excuse.

I have all original info (which I wanted) with no "apostate" tracings - but of course, they supplied all the emails, sites, etc. that I needed to gather the info. My family was much more receptive to looking at the info with it being all originals instead of "site" prints. But trust me, the info is indeed reliable.

• avengers
    avengers

I wrote the Branch Office here in the Netherlands. Here's the link to their reply.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/15511/187245/post.ashx#187245

Andy.

• hooberus
    hooberus

You can show JW involvement with their own publications. They should be much more likely to believe their own literature than UN literature.

"The wild beast that you saw was, but is not, and yet is about to ascend out of the abyss, and it is to go off into destruction. And when they see how the wild beast was, but is not, and yet will be present, those who dwell on the earth will wonder admiringly, but their names have not been written upon the scroll of life from the foundation of the world." Revelation 17:8 NWT

"We cannot but admire the high principles embodied in the proposed League of Nations, formulated undoubtedly by those who have no knowledge of the great plan of God. This fact makes all the more wonderful the ideals which they express. For instance, it has been made plain by President Wilson and the advocates of his ideas that the proposed League of Nations is more than merely a league to enforce peace. They would not have us consider it to exclusively from the standpoint of politics or of military relations. It should be considered as fully from the economic and social points of view. The President's idea seems to be that the League of Nations which he proposes would stand for world service rather than mere world regulation in the military sense, and that the very smallest of nations shall be participants in its every arrangement. In other words, his idea undoubtedly is that the league shall not be established merely for the purpose of promoting peace by threat or coercion; but that its purpose, when put into operation, will be to make all nations of earth one great family, working together for the common benefit in all the avenues of national life. Truly this is idealistic, and approximates in a small way that which God has foretold that he will bring about after this great time of trouble." Watch Tower February 15, 1919 p.51 reprints page 6389

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Hi Sandy

I too couldn't believe that the witnesses could have been involved with the UN - but we did research with the help of lots on this forum, and yes it is definately true. My husband telephoned the UN in New York (we are in England) and they confirmed it, we then wrote to them and asked for written confirmation, and they wrote back and confirmed it, and then we emailed them and yes - they emailed back to confirm it. I have even kept their envelope that the letter was sent in, as it gives the postmark and the UN logo and details. Of course, once you get this confirmation for yourself then you will no doubt dig deeper and find lots more scandals and unchristian things that have and are being done. What an eye-opener !

Twink

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

There's considerable coverage of the United Nations fiasco, worth reading, at:

http://www.randytv.com/secret/index.htm

• hooberus
    hooberus

Also, keep in mind that the fact that the Watchtower is not true, does not mean that the Bible is not true. I am a Christian who believes the Bible, but I do not believe that the Watchtower is "God's Organization". Many people here threw out the Bible the same time they threw out the Watchtower. I think that this is throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit