Personification does not prove personality

by Longlivetherenegades 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

Insight book page 1019 volume 2

Personification does not prove personality.

This is seen in the explanation given regarding Jesus using HE for the holy spirit. That the holy spirit is said to do so many things like hearing, receiving speaking does not prove that holy spirit is a personality.

On that same page Proverbs 8:1-36 was cited. The JW believes this account is talking about Jesus in his pre-existennce despite stating under the Jesus part of the the insight book that wisdom is personified and feminine. Insight book..... Page 52 Volume 2/ page 1019 volume 2

In summary

1. Personification does not prove personality for HOLY SPIRIT

2. Personification does prove personality for Jesus Christ

• waton
    waton

wisdom's gender varies form language to language. la sagesse, die weisheit, but sounds neutral in english.

must be going back to Adam, who, like all today's young children (neutral gender) , had in the common rib area, despite being male, female organs ready to develop.

May be with the rib, a lot of surface tissue was removed too.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Waton I'm not quite sure what you mean? Perhaps I've misunderstood you, (or maybe you're joking?)If so, apologies!

But anyway I googled it and found this...

All human individuals—whether they have an XX, an XY, or an atypical sex chromosome combination—begin development from the same starting point. During early development the gonads of the fetus remain undifferentiated; that is, all fetal genitalia are the same and are phenotypically female
  • waton
    waton
    or maybe you're joking?

DS :of course! soon turning 91 and cant resist novel to me thoughts, like adam having a bigger wound then we thought. gender fascinates me, going from French to german often the opposite Moon, Sun neutral for the child. non existent in french,

I believe, like you state, that the female is prime, the base, contrary what scripture says.

• waton
    waton

I used the male breast always to illustrate to people that it would feel perfectly natural in the non-sex resurrection to have redundant organs, wise beyond the grave, female or just male.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit