Stories on Nathan Knorr.

by Holden Caufield 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Holden Caufield
    Holden Caufield

What was Nathan knorr like?

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
  • tiki
    tiki

He had a very kind voice...was quite tall and not handsome but a rather elegantly attractive man. Just the opposite listening to him speak rather than the wild Freddie Franz....Freddie used to carry candy in his suit pocket and on the way to the podium in the stadium pass it out to kids leaning over the guard rails...

I once was working the serving line in the cafeteria tents and got to splat mashed potatoes on Nathan homer knorr's tray. He smiled and said thanks to each server as he passed through...then ate at those crude stand up "tables" with the regular peeps.

• Holden Caufield
    Holden Caufield

Tell me more I find this stuff interesting.

• vienne
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i remember when he made a "surprise " visit to the UK.

the congregation had to organise a coach at short notice to get us to London one weekday evening--probably about 1964 . it was at a big open venue--maybe twickers. he gave a very interesting talk--called---- " you must not forget"

he kept repeating that--as a sort of punchline "you must not forget"

ive never forgot that. no idea what he was on about though.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

I was about 10 years old and he told me to stop playing in the elevators and sit with my family.

• blondie
    blondie

I met him at an assembly hall dedication. He was sick then with cancer but few knew it. He loved the music presentation before, during for the songs, and at then after for mood music. The conductor had us play his favorite secular song. He was sort of stiff but unusually friendly then. Even the anointed jws aren't trying to get to heaven too soon. He told me he was sick and would not live long, he had regrets because he had wanted to be on earth and see god vindicate his name. Did not happen, he died a year later, just after the GT did not come in 1975 as expected.

• sparky1
    sparky1

I have a 'funny' Nathan Knorr story:

It was absolutely forbidden for a single brother and a single sister at Bethel to be alone in a private room together without having the door wide open. When I was a Bethelite at Watchtower Farms, I had an interest in one of the single sisters there. So one Sunday morning, instead of going to the meeting this sister and I were in her room with the door closed. Nothing immoral going on mind you. We were going to go out to breakfast and take a morning ride and I was just waiting for her to finish getting ready. Who should walk in the room without knocking? Nathan Knorr himself. His brother-in-laws room was right next door and he entered the wrong room! His face was red as a beet and he apologized profusely and left the room. Maybe he was embarrassed that he should have been at the Sunday meeting but nothing ever came of it.

• mann377
    mann377

Sparky who was that sister? I think I might know.

Knorr hated bicycles, his new boy talked indicated he had a problem with sex, his demeanor was from his "dutch" back ground. Would talk to him each Wednesday around 10 am when he would make the rounds at the farm and stop by the press to ask about the productions (paper quality, wire quality). He was a businessman running a corporation and wanted to find out every detail of production.

Sat next to wacky Fred Franz at the Squibb dining room for about four months. Love the green plaid shirt with a yellow tie and weird comments he would make while chating with him at the table. He loved the bongo drums and would drink wine and eat cheese on the weekend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit