people magazine- prince as a JW

by All for show 12 Replies latest jw friends

• All for show
    All for show

Dunno if anyone saw this yet. The comments are full of JW apologists.

http://www.people.com/article/prince-jehovahs-witness-conversion-history

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    THere are two articles from People about him being a Dub and I've got replies posted on bot to some of the UberDubs trying to count their time there via the Internet. People uses Disqus for their comments
  • talesin
    talesin

Re, the People article. I noticed in reading those comments, All for show, that someone is posting as 'talesin' -- that is not me. And it's not even a real name, so I guess it's been hijacked. Have fun, whoever you are.

The JWS will capitalize on this. He will be worth more to them in death than he was alive, it's sad. x tal

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The JWS will capitalize on this. He will be worth more to them in death than he was alive, it's sad. x tal

Any JW is worth more to the WBT$, Dead than Alive..

• smiddy
    smiddy

If it is borne out that he died of an overdose of drugs as has been suggested , shouldn`t that detract from him being a faithful Jehovah`s Witness ?

smiddy

• Stirred
    Stirred
    Absolutely agree with you Smiddy!!
  • sir82
    sir82

If it is borne out that he died of an overdose of drugs as has been suggested , shouldn`t that detract from him being a faithful Jehovah`s Witness ?

Maybe they'll disfellowship him post mortem.

You laugh, but it has happened before.

• alcyone
    alcyone

http://www.people.com/article/prince-jehovahs-witness-conversion-history

The discussion there is great. Not so many opportunities to see apostates debating with jdubs online.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

SDA background... makes a bit of sense now.

"I don't really see it as a conversion," he told The New Yorker in 2008. "It's like Morpheus and Neo in The Matrix."

Guess he took the wrong pill?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

With regards to Prince, I think there's three kinds of JWs.

Ones that had no clue that he was one (and/or who he even was), ones that knew but were embarrassed, and ones that knew and thought it was the greatest thing to ever happen to the Org. :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit