Fearmongering : The greatest ploy the Watchtower Society uses against its faithful members

by RULES & REGULATIONS 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Half banana
    Half banana

You took the words from my mouth Blondie, carrot and stick. It is the only means by which a cult can manipulate its followers.

However to threaten exclusion and death for those who do not conform is called emotional abuse.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

@ Mr. Morris, (and active JW's) - Doesn't the Bible say that things will kick off with those who claim to believe the good news being dealt with first?

(1 Peter 4:17) For it is the appointed time for the judgement to start with the house of God. Now if it starts first with us, what will the outcome be for those who are not obedient to the good news of God?

@ Mr. Morris, (and active JW's) - If the title "Babylon the Great" allegedly represents all false religion, and BTG is the mother of the prostitutes, then who are the other prostitutes?

(Revelation 17:5) “Babylon the Great, the mother of the prostitutes...

@ Mr. Morris, (and active JW's) - When Revelation 7:14 talks about "the great tribulation," isn't it contextually referring to the same great tribulation mentioned in the same discussion earlier at Revelation 2:22?

(Revelation 2:22) Look! I am about to throw her into a sickbed, and those committing adultery with her into great tribulation...

Doesn't this verse speak of the judgement of the Christian congregations and harmonise with 1 Peter 4:16? Didn't Jesus say that the great tribulation of Matthew 24 would never occur again?

• hoser
    hoser

At the meeting yesterday we were all encouraged to watch the March broadcast especially Hot Dog Tony and his Armageddon rant. I came here instead. I love the commentary.

The GB are deluded to the point of being scary.

• sir82
    sir82

Talking about Morris....

Did anyone catch the March broadcasting thingy?

Tony Tightpants has the "morning worship" featurette.

He appears to be hoping that someone will be videotaping the slaughter of 7 billion men, women, and children.

Quote is something like "We have some really good videographers here at Bethel, but I don't think even they could capture what will happen. Still, all things are possible with God..."

And of course Morris imagines himself as one of the "anointed", who will be the ones, per WT doctrine, to conduct the slaughter.

It takes a special kind of hubris, arrogance, and sadism to wish that you yourself could be filmed in the act of slaughtering billions of people.

I've encountered a lot of JWs with "dark souls", but based on his public comments, I'd say Morris has teh blackest one I've seen.

If he says stuff like this for broadcast to 8 million + JWs, what does he say in private?

• sparky1
    sparky1

'Jehovah is gonna roast your ass at Armageddon like a burnt hot dog if you don't convert to my religion. Don't say I didn't warn ya!'

• blondie
    blondie

Isn't Morris the one that said he was in Vietnam during the war? Did he go in battle or was he a pencil pusher?

Remembering that jws say they use the bible to reason on things, would Jesus have suggested that his followers videotape the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 CE?

Or did he weep? Luke 19:41-44

41 And when he got nearby, he viewed the city and wept over it,+42 saying: “If you, even you, had discerned on this day the things having to do with peace+—but now they have been hidden from your eyes.+43 Because the days will come upon you when your enemies will build around you a fortification of pointed stakes and will encircle you and besiege you* from every side.+ 44 They will dash you and your children within you to the ground,+ and they will not leave a stone upon a stone in you,+ because you did not discern the time of your being inspected.”

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    BLONDIE: Isn't Morris the one that said he was in Vietnam during the war? Did he go in battle or was he a pencil pusher?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One might say fear combined with ignorance is the catalyst that holds and binds the organization together .

The WTS imposes the thought of self destruction via Armageddon and uses that to control people. This results in constant self evaluation if one is righteous enough and measured against other JWS .

Its the reason why some JWS are over the top self righteous in the behavior.

Power, control , ignorance and corruption is all there in the JWS cult, biblicaly the leaders of the WTS/JWS are sinning false prophet apostates.

In the most obvious ways the WTS has been a fear mongering apocalyptic publishing house, who lured people into the organization with lies, pretentiousness and corruption.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I’d need to analyse the corpus, but it does seem to me that pictures during my formative encounters with Watchtower artwork (1980s and 1990s) tended to depict JWs emerging from Armageddon chaos, whereas recent imagery tends to depict JWs caught up in the midst of Armageddon chaos.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

RULES&REGULATIONS:

I am sure it is Fear that keeps current JWs in the religion..Not even Faith, in my opinion!

F.O.G. - Fear, Obligation and Guilt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit