• unclebruce
    unclebruce

I consider Farkel my special friend

don't laugh too soon folks .. cos' so is many of youse mad jehovahs rejects

OK how about this for a simplistic definer: "friends stab you in the front"

unclebruce

• minimus
    minimus

UB, may I carve your heart in front of you???........Nah, I wouldn't do that!

• blondie
    blondie
    "If you had a big problem and you only had ten cents left to call someone, who would you call? And if you spent that ten cents on that person who is top on your list to call, would that person be there to help you no-matter-what? If you have such a person in your life, you are more blessed than most, and you have a REAL friend."

Very few people are so blessed as to have friends like that.

I like that definition. It separates the so-called "friends" from the genuine friends. Genuine friends are always there for you/we. So-called friends are only there for you if it serves whatever agenda they have.

Many or most dubs aren't even "so-called friends." Not even close. They have their own agendas and if you aren't part of those agendas (which are self-serving to them), you are toast.

Epilogue: I have friends that I would to anything in my ability to do things to aid them should they ever need it. I don't even care if they don't feel the same way about me. I am truly blessed to have people like this in my life.

Farkell said the above. I cannot improve on it. One of my pet peeves has been that JWs can never be good friends to each other or anyone. So now that I have moved on, I will use this wisdom to find true friends among my new acquaintances and more importantly to be a true friend.

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, are the "friends" checking upn you, yet? It's snowing here and we aren't going to a meeting tonight. I talked to my wife about how far's she's at in COC. We are going to wisely spend out meeting time tonight to discuss the latter part of the book, where she is. I hope that we find real friendship with absolutely no strings attached.

• JH
    JH

Your only friends are

#1. Good Health

#2. Family

#3. Cash

#477468650 Saddam

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

Certainly not JW's they are the ones that say they will stand by you through thick and think and then when you need em most they desert you !

I have found some wonderfull friends since who are not JW's and who have stuck by me !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit