The seed I planted

by truthseeker1 10 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

No, I didn't knock someone up [;)]

My ex-wife called me up the other day. She said she needed to talk to someone, and I was the only one she can talk to about this. She said she was having doubts about the WT being the only voice of God. Her main concern was with the control the borg has on people's lives. She still belives in God and all that stuff, but she is thinking of leaving the whole Borg. I was happy for her, but here in lies the problem...

She said she wanted to get back together because that was the only reason why we split up...

So many thoughts flood my head why this is happening...It was 2 days before our divorce was final, so It could be a last ditch effort to get back together. Is she pretending to doubt just to lure me in?

Well, I told her that her doubts were valid, but we are not getting back together. Its been too long a time apart and I have healed and moved on. Then she said she would stay in the borg and just put up with it.

She says she and her friends are the "new age" witnesses. They get the belly button pierced and listen to rap music and watch rated R movies. I told her that they arn't "new age", just on their way out.

Anyway, she is a very independant person and I think that she will eventually leave the borg. Its just too bad that the damage is done between us...

-Troofie

• jgnat
    jgnat

I think you were right on to judge this a last ditch effort. The proof was when she basically said, "Oh, well, if you won't have me, the society will." This is somebody looking for anyone else but herself to take responsibility for her life.

You made a good choice to move on.

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

truthseeker1,

Your story has elements of a Romeo and Juliet tragedy. Truly a shame what this religion has done for mankind.

Gamaliel

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

TS1 I hate to throw a monkey wrench into all of this, but there are many on this board who have lost " the loves of their lives " for one reason or another.

Perhaps it was a last ditch effort to make things right...

I haven't had a chance to read your bio, or search your posts, so I presume there are no children involved ?

BTW you can mention to ex, that there is no such thing as New Age JW's, there are only those the JC's haven't caught yet, or whose dads are elders and higher, who get a different level of treatment.

I am just a big softee, and it hurts me to see relationships dissolve, but it especially makes me sad, when it is over religion.

I wish you well

xjw_b12

" Millions Now Living Will Never Die Know "

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

That's the first time I've heard of a 'new-age' witness. You're right, they aren't 'new age' they are on their way out. I don't think anyone should profess to be anything half-ass. "new age" to me is just a kinder way of saying half-assed. Be a Jew 100%

Be a Cathloic 100%

Be a Muslim 100%

Be a Jehovah Witness 100%

otherwise don't bother

by the way, I'd be sad is Troof was no longer single and on the prowel. Cum give Mama a hug

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Troofie,

You wrote… Its just too bad that the damage is done between us...

I am sorry the Borg did this to the most important relationship you will ever have with another human (other then parent). They are criminally sick men The GB and will definitely be shoveling excrement when God’s Kingdom Comes!

Although it would seem her last ditch effort was telling you her doubts…my opinion was her real last ditch effort was when she said… she would stay in the borg and just put up with it.

Most likely she was hoping you’d play hero and want to save her from the wicked JW world. Many women do this when they think the man still loves them but wont admit it.

I don’t believe her sharing her doubts in the 1 st place was anything other then admitting wrong and hoping you would come back. I really don’t believe it was underhandedly intended and trying to save ones marriage is never wrong or deceptive.

Maybe you and she can be friends some how. I have seen ex-spouses do that some times as off as that seems.

Glad you can move on happily though….so relax and have yourself a brewski.

Best Wishes,

Utopian_Raindrops

• ISP
    ISP

Hey Why cant you get back with her?

If she was ugly, I could understand. she might be OK now.

ISP

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

Well, I also think that she knew I wouldn't come back and the just wanted to put the blame on me rather than the religion. If the religion isn't an issue and we don't stay together, its all my fault. Now she can hate me and not her religion, some sort of transferrence thing.

Chevy, there will always be room for you, honey. *Drool*

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Hey folks, Truths new lady is HOT!!!! So screw the ex..........

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

The way I look at is if it wasn't because of the Society it would've happened because of something else. Anyone that will blow off a marriage for anything except for infidelity isn't that into the marriage to begin with. And her response proves this. "I'll leave it if I can come back to you but if you won't have me then I'll just stay." This woman has no concviction. She obviously has no independant thought. She obviously has no sense of personal responsibility. And she is drifting around in the wind.

You made the right decision because, if you took her back, she would only find something else to leave you over. Hurt me once shame on you. Hurt me twice, shame on me. That's my outlook. Except I would've been a little harsher on her than you probably were. I would've said something like, "Well, I guess you should've thought about that before you made your decision. You saw two sides and you picked one. Thus showing how loyal you really were to this marriage. This marriage is over because of you and your decision. I hope you enjoy the outcome of this decision because there is no turning back. Goodbye."

Of course that's just me. I love it whenever someone who disses me comes crawling back saying they made a mistake. It's my opportunity to grind the bootheel. There is no greater revenge than watching someone who made a bad choice like this try to come crawling back. Because I know it hurts them more when they get rejected chen they crawl back than it ever does when they rejected you when they crawled away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit