I will never hear from her again

by berylblue 12 Replies latest jw friends

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Thanks JT for the link to this thesis. WOW no wonder cognitive disonance causes such chaos in ones mind and emotional system. One has two mental systems at battle, in regards to SURVIVAL, no less.

This answers a lot of unanswered questions for me and how to deal with the believer. Survival being such a basic and powerful part of our thoughts and motivation. It is in our thoughts, both conscious and subconscious at all times. It is what might be called, our prime directive.

Thanks again. Outoftheorg

• kat_newmas
    kat_newmas

Just an outside opinion, nothing more: It seems that in dealing with my father, who is a dedicated JW, and with whom I am trying to re-establish communications after twenty years..... I have tried so many times... where did I go wrong?... I think, that I should have left those issues you mentioned at the doorstep... at least for a short time. If they feel that you are "attacking" the whole.... then they will become defensive, you will be considered a threat. In your friends mind, you are truly an apostate.... it is the same as being charged with Heresy.

Try again with her shortly.... show her kindness, and love, and do not judge her.... try to remember that she is only there in the first place, because she has a desire to express "goodness and faith in god". She alone is not responsible for the actions of the Man-made structure. Remember that they are kept ignorant of what is really going on. Dont let religion be an issue when trying to establish a communication... focus on your friendship first. Express to her your faith and belief in God, later.

It is perhaps in this way, that many of us will recover our family and friends, that have been taken. My father is an elder.... but after twenty years, I have begun to establish some communication with him... slowly.... I am careful not to be condescending or confrontational.... Attacking them... only makes them defensive. Give your friend some time, she will have to feel something eventually.... If she was ever your friend... she will have to admit to herself that she is purposely shunning you, because of a list of rules. That in itself, is a step in the right direction. Perhaps she will begin to question those who make those rules.

• berylblue
    berylblue
    Sorry Berylblue.. You blew it.

Not very conciliatory. Almost hostile.

Better luck next time.

Yes, but what I didn't post here is that I wrote how much I loved her and was grateful for all she'd done for me. How intelligent, witty, etc. She was. I meant every word.

And I got a response yesterday. She said that since the end of the system was near, we could expect a bunch of wackos in the organization. It was just a sign of the impending end. She said that Satan is really smart and cunning and I was being taken in by him. She said she'd write again.
    Beryl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit