Sexual abuse by my father covered up by JWs

by brandi 18 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Gerard
    Gerard

You may want to consider contacting: Kimberlee D. Norris attorney at law [email protected] 817.335.2800 "I am a 39 year-old, female Christian attorney practicing in Fort Worth, Texas. My entire practice centers around molestation issues in the 50 states and Canada. Institutional sexual abuse of children is EPIDEMIC, and my personal practice mission is to chip away at institutions which deliberately ignore existing abuse reporting laws, and turn a blind eye to molestation outcries."

• Buster
    Buster

Brandi, Welcome!

Actually, in one sense, your story is a bit rare: You have two Witnesses! Almost all cases I've read about, here, at SilentLambs, other sites, other cases that I know of personally, are different. Usuallly, the victim is alone ... so alone. Unless the abuser admits the offense, then the dubbies will do nothing - unless the law requires a report.

But you have an actual witness to the actual event. It must feel like an extension of the abuse to have it covered up so. I'll tell you what, you have some serious crimes here, including obstruction of justice, conspiracy, and I'm sure others, in addition to the child molestation charge.

I hope to read more of your posts.

• brandi
    brandi

Thanks for all the replies. All this support is great. I have thought about doing something legally about this. Nothing would make me happier. But the guy that saw some of the stuff is still a witness and is still very much brainwashed by them. He's living thousands of miles away from me but we have emailed and it is clear that he is on their side. He knows what my dad did was horrible but thinks the elders' way of handling it was fine. After all, he could have gone to the authorities after he found out the elders weren't planning to do anything, but he chose to go ahead and keep it a secret all these years. Anyway, things feel unfinished because I really want those elders to pay for what they did but there doesn't seem to be much I can do, and it's been a lot of years ago too. Again, thanks for all the support!

Brandi

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Just wanted to welcome you with open arms.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

If you are interested in pursuing legal action, click on this banner at the top of the page when it flashes up:

I've talked with Kim Norris. She's very kind and a great attorney. She can help you if you're interested.

I'm very sorry for what happened to you. I am the survivor of incest and sexual abuse, although it happened before my family became Witnesses (when I was ages 2-5). When I was grown I told my elders about it and they told me since it happened before my father was a Witness it "didn't count". When I proved from the Watchtower they were wrong, then they pulled out the dreaded "two witness" rule, i.e. there must be two witnesses to a child being raped. When I found two witnesses (my paternal grandmother and an aunt) these elders modified the rule to there being eyewitnesses to a 3 year old child being brutally sodomized. Since neither of my witnesses actually stood by and watched it happened (although my grandmother helped clean me up; I was told "this didn't count") they were disqualified.

Jehovah's Witnesses policy to child abuse is not just ignorant. It is evil. It protects the most monstrous persons on the planet while attacking the most innocent. Brandi you are not alone and I support your feelings of anger. Please continue to post here and let us know how you're doing.

Peace

Chris

• brandi
    brandi

Gerard and Big Tex- Thank you for the info about Kimberlee Norris. I have heard about that firm from others and finally today I decided to contact her. I am waiting to hear back but I wanted to thank you for the info. I really appreciate everyones' time in sending this and responding to my post. It helps to know that I am not alone in this! Brandi

• patio34
  • jeannie
    jeannie

Brandi..I am so sorry for what happened to you, and I must say that you are a survivor! It takes courage to speak out and tell about your abuse. In my family, there has been incest that was never reported to the authorities by the elders, and there were two separate cases committed by the same molestor, my former husband, who I was married to at the time and he was also a ministerial servant and he was never disfellowshipped...A poster mentioned that the dubs won't do anything unless there is a confession or two witnesses, but back in 1990 my daughter exposed her father for molesting her and then my sister came forward and exposed him also for the incest..when I brought him to the elders he confessed to most of the details and he was reproved..a mere slap on the hand!!!!! I was told he had a weakness for molestation but he was not wicked!!! The journey toward healing can sometimes be long and painful, but when it is traveled with people who love you and believe you and validate your feelings (as I do and thousands of others) the trip toward healing is less painful and comforting. You were given good advice about Bill's site, Silentlambs and also Kim Norris, who is a very sweet and understanding woman..my best to you Brandi and my love also..jeannie from NYC

• Jesika
    Jesika

Brandi,

No hon you are not alone. This happened to me when I was 4yrs old. My father's youngest brother was molesting me and my father walked in on it and they did nothing.

I am glad you contacted Kim, she is a sweetie.

I would also suggest you go to the silentlambs website that was posted above for you. It was a very healing thing for me and many others.

Love,

Jes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit