I Want Your Old Books

by Nathan Natas 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Some of them, maybe.

If you have boxes of old WTS publications in your basement or garage that you do not have any emotional attachment to, perhaps you would be willing to sell them to me?

If so, please contact me through this board's messaging utility and we can begin a dialog.

Thank you!

• LB
    LB

Sorry to say I burned my entire library. Except for the old CD's which I took trap shooting. I rid myself of that stuff long before I found this board. I honestly was afraid of letting that brainwashing material into the wrong hands. So we can't help you, sorry.

Rumor has it that I drove up to the kingdom hall one sunday morning before meeting and backed my truck up to the front door and unloaded the entire library right there blocking the door. This rumor was repeated to my son at an assembly which gives me no small amount of pleasure. Good for him to catch his brothers in lies every so often.

Hope you can fill all your gaps in your library.

• SammyJoUK
    SammyJoUK

Hey there

You are of course going to post a full price list before bartering with anyone I hope?? I mean one wouldn't want to think that a Studies Volume 7 or a Seola might be sold for a few dollars, ... would one... expecially seeing as some of the older books are worth $1000's???? LOL

I trade on ebay and it's crazy what some of the stuff is going for right now.. but you can get some very good deals.

Any one want a full price list have a look here.. but.. know that on ebay you can get most of these books for about 1/3 of the price quoted on tower.

http://home1.gte.net/angmar/tdbcat.htm

If you want to see what the books look like... check below BUT Be aware .. this has some VERY big pages to bring in, I have scanned the front of every book that I have as well as the few hundred Booklets.

http://www.agapeacceptance.co.uk/mybooks.htm

Let me know if there is any book you need, I have a number of duplicates that are for sale.

Yours

Sammy

• BadJerry
    BadJerry

why do you want these?, let alone pay for them, I never did.

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

I have about 300 books form the 40s to the 80s.. how much for all of them???

you can email me at skiingcowboy@yahoo

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

Nathan,

I'm a book collector with about 22,000 volumes in the house, and various storage places. (Very little JW stuff, though.)

I can get Russell's Studies for you on ebay at pure cost, no profit, if you want someone to shop for you. I shop there a lot anyway. Been looking for two items that I would like for myself. I don't care about Rutherford's books but I can look for anything you are specifically looking for. (Some of Rutherford's are more expensive than Russell's.)

I can usually pick up Russell's studies Vol 1, 2, 3 for less than $10 each on ebay, but 4, 5, 6, & 7 go for $50 to $100 or more. Of course, they all go for more if they are early editions or rare editions, but if you just want have one for reading any edition will do. (Just saw Rutherford's Comfort for the Jews go for $142 and then another for $178 in the last two weeks.)

For myself, for a personal project, I'm very interested in

1. Studies Vol 3, Thy Kingdom Come before 1904 (I'll trade a 1907 in great shape + cash).

2. Also I'm looking for a Vol 4, Day of Vengeance (also called Battle of Armageddon) from anytime before 1916.

3. Also, I'd like a Studies Vol 1, Divine Plan of the Ages from around 1927, (I'll trade a more valuable early edition for it.)

I just found out that most of my research could be done on full copies of the text of all volumes 1-6, and anything else Russell ever wrote, using Bible Student sites, but I still need the 3 I listed above for the variant readings.

Gamaliel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit