My brother is shunning me (but he's not a Witness)

by john.prestor 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Hahaha, I think it was a frag grenade, it bounced and hit him. We were both blazed out of our minds, I didn't have a clue where my brother was in all the grunts and brutes.

sparky1, I'm just going to ignore that, it's not constructive, just inflammatory.

OneEyedJoe, Phoebe, what you're saying is hard to hear, but I think you're right. Yeah, I guess it is time for me to shrug it off and just move on: family doesn't get a free pass with me anymore. He isn't the person he used to be, that much is clear. It's just hard to come to terms with that.

• Searril
    Searril

The people chiding him about the video game are being dumbasses and missing the point. Nobody cares about your opinion on video games. Stop confusing the back-story with the main issue.

At any rate, I know it sucks, but it's probably for the best if he is shunning you. He clearly is not well and is never going to be well until he admits to himself that he's not well and actively seeks to do something about it. All you will know is repeated pain if you continue coming back to him without his acknowledgment that he's being completely inappropriate.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Thank you for saying that. It hurts because he's my brother and we used to be... affectionate, not really close, but we got along and had fun sometimes. And now that's over, and it's not coming back. But I guess that's the point isn't it? It's not coming back, and I have to come to terms with that.

This has been really helpful guys. This wasn't easy for me. The support means a lot.

• LV101
    LV101

Some/many families are very toxic and abusive and has nothing to do with evil WT cult. I have a mother and sibling like your brother (egg donor/mother was never a witness but could have written the cult's handbook on evil;) sister was fine but the evil egg donor has caused such irreparable harm -- she thrives on conquering and dividing and I had to give up on my fantasy of a relationship (for any semblance of a nucleus family) w/my sibling. I desperately wanted a relationship with her and always (according to friends/family) took care of her. It was expected of me and I was more than happy to jump for both of them -- no more! You have to accept and that's not easy, believe me!

Families are brutal and it's so painful to endure and make it to the other side.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit