"We are also found false witnesses of God"

by Noumenon 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• edp81
    edp81

So, would you say that truth is relative?

And would you say that absolutely?

• kat_newmas
    kat_newmas

When you say "truth" you refer to (i assume) reality. What is reality? What is reality for one may not be for another. **

example(but not relevant) For the rich, reality may mean that they can go where they choose. Hop on a plane to China one day, France the next. In thier reality the world is quite a small place. For the poor the world is a much bigger place. Reality is perception. It is not reality for a street hobo, to go around the world in eighteen hours.

now... you have heard alot of talk about "matters of conceince" on this site. It is said that Concience is the Eye of God within man. If that is true, then "God" has given us each a different level of conceince. What is right for one person, or group of people, may not be made to fit another. I mean, do you think that those starving in Africa, are concerned with wether or not it is a sin, to eat pork? It would be easy for a muslim in America, to consider eating pork "an unclean act" but his truth or reality is not the same.

That is all I am saying here. What is right for you... may not be right for me. Perhaps the bible is the word of God... I cannot say... but perhaps the Koran is also the word of God. Perhaps God comes to man in whatever form he is most capable of accepting. For Christians he comes in the form of rules, and eternal judgement, for the pagans he comes in the form of acceptance of all things. I dont know ... I am not claiming to be correct.... this is just my way of seeing it. YOU CANNOT STRETCH ONE TRUTH TO FIT EVERY MAN. Every conflict in history proves my theory.

** I am not trying to argumentative here... perhaps I am, myself, trying to explain things in my own mind. To articulate a thought I suppose. Of course, having been raised a JW... perhaps I just came out psycho and should be admitted.

• kat_newmas
    kat_newmas

added thought.... perhaps God does come to some in the form of aliens... who knows... reality has changed in six thousand years..... perhaps man no longer needs guilt and fear, and crucifixtion, to comprehend God.

Perhaps we have evolved or grown, to a point where we will no longer have to put a FACE on the Dweller of the Heavens..... (notice in my posts, that this is how I often refer to "God" I no longer feel the need to worship "The God-figure" but I do feel an extreme connection to that wich dwells in the great beyond.... that wich is greater than myself.

I feel the wind... but I do not need to know what you call it... to accept its prescence.

• edp81
    edp81

kat_newmas,

Please understand that when I say what I am about to say, I am not trying to degrade you in any way.

I really think that you have a wrong view of who God really is. By what you say, I gather that you think that God changes His way of doing things to fit each person and try to bring each person to Himself.

While God certainly is trying to bring each and every person to Himself, at the same time He has set and objective standard that all men must meet in order to have a relationship with Him. This standard is spelled out in the Bible.

I would encourage to read the Bible and see what you can find about what God says about Himself in His own book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit