Oscar's Butt Plugs

by peacefulpete 7 Replies latest social entertainment

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I'm actually embarrassed to say I watched the Everything Everywhere All at Once movie on a plane. Kung Fu with butt plugs and dildoes with a storyline impossible to follow. I can't believe Michelle Yeoh agreed to it. Now it's a top winner at the Oscars. I'm dumbfounded.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

gotta link ?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@peacefulpete

Er, what kind of films have you been watching? 😁🤣

• TD
    TD

Parts of that movie were definitely weird and I can't honestly say I completely understood the story. I did find it mildly entertaining though. (The infinite number of universes thing, not the improvised butt plugs - LOL)

• KalebOutWest
    KalebOutWest

Everything Everwhere All at Once may not be everyone's piece of cake. A friend of mine did not like it either but enjoyed Tar far more, another choice for best picture, which was perhaps a lot more disturbing of a film to some since it deals with a fictional character at the center of cancel culture (what they must go to when "ignoring it all").

But Everything Everwhere..., despite all the craziness, is simply about a mother who could have lived all these various other lives, where in other worlds were far more special, but when given the choice to suddenly do so, choses to live the simpler life of living as a struggling business owner, in a marriage that has been struggling, carring for an aging father, and learning to love a lesbian daughter and her new girlfriend--something that comes new to her. As described by one of the directors: "I wanted to put my mom in The Matrix."

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I've gotta say ....I bloody loved it. It's one of the first commercially successful films that I've enjoyed in a long time.

• Simon
    Simon

I liked it. It was entertaining and "different". I prefer a movie that surprises me rather than one I know the entire story arc within the first 10 minutes of watching.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Well maybe I'm the one with a stick up my butt. lol

It just didn't seem Oscar worthy to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit