S.A.D. Observations from the assembly.

by Darkknight757 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

The brother mentioned the May 1990 Watchtower which mentions that unless you are baptized Yah may not be listening to your prayers. So it seems to me that this is a way to pressure people to get baptized so they can have that "unrestricted" approach to God. So was Jesus' prayers "restricted" prior to His baptism? I would think not being the Son and all.

What about all those unbaptized people who supposedly were praying to God for help and a JW arrived at their front door a few minutes later?

• Bobcat
    Bobcat
    But expenses for this one day were almost $24,000

I was curious, how many were in attendance? Was this a rented facility or a WT owned one? And how in the world does a one day assembly rack up $24,000 in expenses? And why aren't the brothers in charge of these things being 'fired' for their incompetence? (Actually, the only ones who would be 'fired' would be the conscientious ones who complained about this.)

The money-grubbing nature of the WT just keeps being exposed.

Bobcat

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration
    $24,000 in expenses has me stunned! They are really risking waking a TON of people up with this kind of greed. Obviously they are going with a number of publishers times a dollar amount formula these days, with 2,200 in attendance there. I didn't see if you mentioned if it was an Assembly hall or a rental. If its an assembly hall they are almost armed robbers now!
  • Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

I was curious, how many were in attendance? Was this a rented facility or a WT owned one? And how in the world does a one day assembly rack up $24,000 in expenses? And why aren't the brothers in charge of these things being 'fired' for their incompetence? (Actually, the only ones who would be 'fired' would be the conscientious ones who complained about this.)

This was at your typical JW assembly hall. There were 2500 in attendance so per person it doesn't come out to that much but the trouble is is that the cost for these assemblies have doubled in 5 years. It used to be about $12000 a few years ago. I had the chance a few years ago to see the financial report and it didn't make sense as to why it was so much.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious
    I was enthralled with "his sincerity", talking about a splitter group from Romania and they were cut off from the Org in 1950 when the Soviet Union took over. Then when the Soviet Union collapsed and communication was re-established, these Brothers did not accept the changes to the Org (he mentioned smoking being a big issue). "It took a week of long nightly discussions and prayers" but "I always addressed them as Brothers", "Then me and another Brother with me were able to convince 3 of the 4 prominent Brothers in charge, representing some 75% percent of the publishers,(some 5000 people) to come back to the Organization. "

I remember this splinter group in Romania. I believe it was Dan Sydlik who was also there that helped convince those people to come back to the Org. This actually was featured in a magazine some years ago I remember reading it. Back then I had some doubts but very minimal doubts and thought to myself "Wow! These people were certainly saved from dying!" I think back now and just sigh.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Went to a 1 day circuit assembly recently. Extremely boring! There were 1,475 in attendance. The CA hall cost $ 19,500.00 for the one day (WOW)! The theme: "Imitate Their Faith"--Heb. 13:7

The Total number baptized...a whopping 4. Two of the 4 baptized were children of JW families. The bizzare and comical thing of it all...there are 350 full time regular pioneers and 10 special pioneers (retired COs and their wives and others) in this part of the circuit and the best that these 360 pioneers could come up with was 2 baptized. The other 2 were children of JW families.

What a gawd damn waste of time on the part of these Regular and Special Pioneers...a complete waste of time out in the field ministry for these ministers of Jehovah God!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit