Facebook evangelising

by jhine 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jhine
    jhine

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2226652490738312&set=a.106546726082243&type=3&theater This was posted on Fb by a Witness who l am " friends " with . She has since posted another JW propaganda piece . These look like they are from the WT and are official evangelising tools .

Has anyone else seen these WT adverts ? Are they encouraging r&f members to use Fb to evangelise now ?

Jan

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Funny that the book "Aid To Bible Understanding" printed by Jehovah`s Witnesses admitted that the name Jehovah was not the most accurate and that Yahweh was probably a more accurate rendering.

Also its interesting that nobody in the New Testament /Christian Greek Scriptures either Jesus or his disciples nor anybody else ever used the name Jehovah in the Greek text that Jehovah`s Witnesses based their New World Translation on .

And to top it off the KI translation of the Greek Text a word for word translation of the Greek that the WTB&TS printed does not contain the name/word Jehovah not one time.

Nor does it contain the equivalent Greek four letters of the Hebrew Tetragrammaton APPEAR ANYWHERE IN THE TEXT.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I would think the Org would discourage the JW's from posting on Facebook, unless in a heavily moderated enclosed group, where they can reinforce each other's delusions.

If they start trying to put their rubbish out generally I would bet the sensitive little souls could not withstand the comments they would get ! Jeez, they might even find out that real Truth only exists outside the Org !

• jhine
    jhine

Too true Phizzy , l have already posted a couple of times refuting their claims .

This is what puzzles me , the posts do have the ring of WT about them , and are clearly aimed at the general public knocking Christendom . If these posts are just for closed groups then they would be preaching to the already converted .

They are laying themselves open to being put right , which l am happy to do .

Jan

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Dubs are on Pinterest too, so let ‘em have it!

DD

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

It's definitely a risky move on their part... but from everything I've read on this forum and seen in my research, Jehovah's Witnesses run, literally sometimes, when they hear anything that challenges their beliefs in the slightest, and I'm sure they'll do the same online. They've got a very fragile sense of self.

• tiki
    tiki

Just looked at it...someone just wasting time reinforcing their own belief system. What gets me is the comment "Jehovah is hurt"......the God they envision is a spirit being of sheer perfection and would have to be incapable of negative human feelings. Hurt cannot exist without imperfect mortal bodies and emotional makeup....at least imho...

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

WT cannot approve of FB as it fosters an environment where people can freely exchange their thoughts. This fundamentally goes against what they stand for.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"Funny that the book "Aid To Bible Understanding" printed by Jehovah`s Witnesses admitted that the name Jehovah was not the most accurate and that Yahweh was probably a more accurate rendering."

The name YHWH, Yahweh is Hebrew and was given to Hebrew speaking people. If God gave his name to English speaking people he would give it as Jehovah. The same way that Yeshua was Jesus' Hebrew name given to Mary, but in Engish was say Jesus.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    The name YHWH, Yahweh is Hebrew and was given to Hebrew speaking people. If God gave his name to English speaking people he would give it as Jehovah. The same way that Yeshua was Jesus' Hebrew name given to Mary, but in Engish was say Jesus.

You really should do research on this. What you just said is not only incorrect, but it's an oversimplification typical of someone who has not bothered to find out how the name Jehovah came to be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit