Baptism Nullification update

by Maverick 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Maverick
    Maverick

I mailed out the Baptism Nullification letter to Brooklyn on the 16th of Jan. And I did a mass mailout on the 17th of Jan. I was waiting until the CO's visit to see what would happen. Well, that was the week of Feb.17th and here is what has happened. Not one word officially.

The PO of the Hall I last attended called on the 19th of Feb. and left a message on my voice mail. He was very sweet and friendly and said he was just checking on me as he had not seen me in a while,(a year and a half). He said the CO was visiting that week and he would like to talk to me. I do not know which " he" was being referred to, the PO or the CO. Neither of these characters got a letter in Jan. I did that on purpose. Leave them in the dark. I called back and left a message on the PO's voice mail asking him why he was bothering me and why would I care if the corporate inspector was visiting his Hall? I am not now, nor ever was, a member of his church! Then I sent the PO and the CO copies of the BN letter on the 20th. I sent the PO's letter to his wife just to piss him off! I put a note on the bottom of that letter asking her to tell her husband to stop pestering me as I am not involved with his church and as far as I was concerned, spiritually he was just a retired grocery clerk!

The CO's copy had a note on the bottom in which I explained that we both knew he was just a corporate inspector making sure corporate policy was being followed to the letter. And I asked him if he ever had a real job? He mailed that copy back to me without any reply.

At the Service Meeting the following week the PO got up to make an announcement. And it was with regard to paying for the CO's expenses! Nothing else.

I kicked these guy in the shins and they did nothing. I am hoping that the GB will have the writing department get out their scripture bender and stretcher and twist up something interesting in a future WatchTower study article. But the letter did all that I hoped it would. If anything changes I will keep y-all apprised. Maverick, may the South rise again!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Wow. If baptism nullification works, then that could be the new way to get out without shunning resulting. Here's a toast to the south.

SS

• JT
    JT
    as far as I was concerned, spiritually he was just a retired grocery clerk!

The CO's copy had a note on the bottom in which I explained that we both knew he was just a corporate inspector making sure corporate policy was being followed to the letter.

now i have been on the net for over 7yrs and this has got to be the best "F%ck with you" letter i have even seen -- smile

this poster has it down to a science, for he truly understands what "Cheese Cracker Men" are

this post is great , yes this man called an Elder is exactly what was stated a Retire Grocery Store Clerk, now ain't nothing wrong with that job, but it in no way entitles or qualifies this man to now dictate, question or pretend that he is like Moses-

as for the CO, words have never been spoken more truer, HE DON';T EVEN HAVE A JOB-,IF HIS wife gets sick next week he don't have a dime to fall back on

great post man

i love this Net "THANG"

james

• dedalus
    dedalus
    I am not now, nor ever was, a member of his church!

Um, okay, except that you actually were, and, I suppose, technically still are.

In a way I admire you, Maverick, I really do, but at the same time you seem like some mad Russian character straight out of a Dostoyevsky novel. I think I mean that as a compliment, but I'm not sure.

Dedalus

• blondie
    blondie

Can you post that baptism nulllification letter here? I can't find it, Maverick. Thanks.

Blondie

• dedalus
  • LB
    LB

I like the letter and it would be great if it works. I have a feeling that this letter will be addressed at headquarters. They aren't likely to allow people to walk away for free. That isn't their style.

• Maverick
    Maverick

Dear SaintSatan: Please don't be too optimistic about the shunning part. If the J-duds get it in their pin heads that you are disloyal to the Governing Body then they will treat you as an apostate. Dedalus is right. The net result in practical terms is the same as DF or DA. I just like being a pain in the rear.

Dear JT: I am a test case and I am kicking them hard and giving them as much trouble as I can. They tried to trick me into meeting with them. If I had done that they could claim I am still acting as any member would and therefore the BN letter is for not!

Dear Dedalus: Any comment from you is a complement. You keep me on my toes and I admire that. Thank you for helping Blondie.

Dear LB; We both know the GB is not going to let this slide. I have been E-mailing family declaring victory and telling my loved ones that they are to treat me as any other family member who was never a Witness. I know these ones will write to Brooklyn, (Mother!!!) and ask what to do. Good! I'm not done with that bunch yet! I send out letters to witnesses who call my office wanting my services not realizing my "stand". I ran into one today, at home depot no less. He did not know who I was, but was asking my advice on something. When I gave him my card and he told me his name, at that moment, we both realized who was who! We had a nice conversation until I started talking about those apostates in New York. I told him I have no problem with individual Witnesses just the pharisee Governing Body! He was at Bethal for many years and knew Knorr and Henschel and both Franz. He didn't think much on Ray,( big surprise)! I talked about the 1914 bull shit and started in on the unloving, unchristan practice of shunning and he started to squirm. So I dropped it and told him I would gladly give him any technical advice he needed and we would just leave the religious stuff alone. He agreed, ya right! I am sure he will be phoning home about our little encounter! Maverick, who just fired on Fort Sumter!

• LB
    LB

Yes Mav you have fired an opening round. I'm really curious how it will turn out. I had such thoughts myself early on but eventually filed the DA letter. My wife remaining inactve allows us to keep the lines of coummunication open with my JW son. And of course her being in subjection to me allows us to have such pagan things around the home as a christmas tree.

Good luck

• Maverick
    Maverick

Thanks LB: I don't kid myself about it. In the end the GB have much more resources than I do. I will win some battles but they the war. Not unlike the Civil War of the 1860's. But they will have to earn it! I would love to put a dent in the criminal shunning practices this apostate group promote as LAW! I will not go quietly into the night. I liken my stand to that of Henry David Thoreau. Waldo Emerson came to see Henry in jail and asked him why was he in there. And Henry replied by asking why was Waldo out there and not in jail with him! They both agreed of the same principles, they just had different ways of expressing them. Yours, Maverick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit