Why should WE be the bloodguilty ones??

by stuckinarut2 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Thoughts??

It's just a good old-fashioned always reliable guilt trip. Combined with indoctrination, it's the perfect formula to get people expose themselves to violence in neighborhoods they would otherwise never visit.

• sinboi
    sinboi

We are blood guilty? I thought it was supposed to be the angels work?

New Living Translation
    And he will send out his angels to gather his chosen ones from all over the world--from the farthest ends of the earth and heaven.--Mark 13:27

We won't be blood guilty. Once the angels found a 'chosen one' he will direct a witness to knock on his house. If there are any 'chosen ones' left out, it is the angels fault. Not ours.

• Giordano
    Giordano

In every way and every shape the WTBT$ are the blood guilty ones.

Be it a lax preaching work that hardly meets the end result, doctrines that come with a shelf life.......... be it the Blood Ban, a decade of no vaccine and transplants........... permitting a history of unreported pedophile attacks, serious marriage and child abuse. A reckless attitude towards shunning, higher education, mental health needs, marriage and child rearing all combined to make those happy and carefree JW's............ miserable.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

This blaming the blood-guilty messenger thing, reminds me of when a gunman is holding hostages and gives law enforcement a deadline. If the police negotiator doesn't give in to demands, the gunman will shoot a hostage.

Well if the police refuse to give in, and a hostage gets shot, it's not the fault of the police. It's the fault of the psychopath that pulled the trigger.

What's disturbing is that in this illustration, it's God who is the gunman/psychopath.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I agree with everyone who says it's just another Borg guilt trip because logically you cannot preach to everyone.

You cannot reach everyone, people are going to be missed and whenever you stop the preaching work ready for big J to bring the slaughter, innocent children of unbelievers are going to die.

It makes no logical sense for those who can't read people's minds and see exactly what they're doing with their lives the way that big J apparently can, to be held responsible for them.

To think that we fell for this ridiculous guilt trip I can only think it's because our minds were already pulverised with guilt about our normal sexual feelings, our desire for material things and our desire to be that most terrible of things - happy.

• Londo111
    Londo111

This was one of the things that used to keep me up at night.

They also used to tie in the City of Refuge archetype into this. But recently they backed out on the archetype teaching for the City of Refuge.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Why cant the myriads of angels go and preach / convert and save people ? People would believe without any doubts. Wouldn't they ?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STUCKINARUT:

This is B.S. and a guilt trip in my opinion to try to get people actually believing they are responsible for somebody else. If that's the case, who was responsible for me? I was never reached from door-to-door.

If anything, the religion is bloodguilty if they feel they have a 'warning work' and do not use the media which would be a more sensible way to alert the whole public. Can you imagine the government trying to warn people about a hurricane by using door-to-door workers handing out tracts?

The door-to-door work is just a busy making work and a visible yardstick by which to judge how active and faithful 🙄the sheeple in any congregation are.

DREARYWEATHER:

I was baptized in the late '70s and don't recall it ever having it put to me like that. But, I would never buy that along with other bait & switch things they said.

• steve2
    steve2

Excellent OP. Yes indeed why should be bear the guilt for not warning fellow humans of a prophesised mass annihilation by a loving God? It simply does not make any sense whatsoever. And those who are so warned who question it, are they subjected to special annihilation - or does it not make any difference given the belief that death ends the torment?

This is mad-making stuff that if visited upon us in the cold light of day we'd reject as quick as look at it. What sane person would embrace this level of stupidity and then spread it? Frightening - and humbling - to think we once did this.

JW organization is built on the manipulative concept of blood guilt. It is the prime motivator to commit one to a lifetime of preaching.

To reduce that guilt is to invite JWs to slacken their hand - which untold numbers have already done or would do if they had half a chance.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Yep, it looks like all y'all get it.

This is what Cults do. A gambit that will intensify the indoctrination. Deepen the trance.

They're really very clever. Fear is a powerful motivator. Guilt is heartfelt.

Is it any wonder the "programming" is near indelible?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit