Day Text - Sept. 19, 2015 - Obey even if not appear practical, sound, or strategic from a human standpoint - Reminder from WT 2013 Nov.15 

by Muddy Waters 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

This statement from that same day text is, in my opinion, even more gag worthy:

That faithful slave (GOVERNING BODY) is the channel through which Jesus is feeding his true followers in this time of the end. It is vital that we recognize the faithful slave (GOVERNING BODY). Our spiritual health and our relationship with God depend on this channel (GOVERNING BODY).

They have directly usurped the position of God himself by these words! Imagine the presumptuousness of claiming that they, and only they, are the ones we have to depend on for a relationship with God! So did Jackson lie when he said they didn't claim to be the sole channel, or are they lying here. I know, I know, BOTH!

• steve2
    steve2

So this "Assyrian" thing that hovers so menacingly over Jehovah's people - wouldn't it be helpful to cut to the chase and say precisely what it is and what it will do? Wouldn't that be the loving thing to do?

All this symbolic bullsh*t is a carry-over from ancient superstitious times when numbers, symbols and "readings" were imbued with secrets to be revealed at the appointed time. Trouble is, the appointed time keeps changing, as do the meaning of the symbolic language.

• Billyblobber
    Billyblobber
    Didn't the Assyrians BEAT God, though?

“And the Lord was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.”

—Judges 1:19

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Paranoia and Fear.

It is just like raising a fist to someone's face...watch them squirm in anguish not knowing if the fist is going to be swung at them.

That is the same level of alert and heightend fear that witnesses exist with...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit