Ezekiel's Chariot Ride

by Flowerpetal 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Question: Can anyone figure out what year it was that Elijah went on his chariot ride? And also the year he wrote a letter to King Jehoram of Judah telling him what would happen to him. I have figured out some dates, but not sure if they are correct.

• patio34
    patio34

FP,
    I have a notation in my bible that the letter in 2 Chron 21(?) was after 913 BCE, because I have done quite a bit of annotations of dates in my bible. I often wished someone would produce a bible with the dates along side the events!

Patio

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

That would be great if a Bible like that would be published.

I'm still trying to check the dates. Jehoram of Israel became king during the 18th reign of Jehoshaphat of Judah. It appears that Elijah took his chariot ride in between the death of Ahaziah, King of Israel and King Jehoram of Judah.

This Jehoram takes over being king of Judah from what I can gather, in 913 BCE. But later, while Jehoram is still king, Elijah sends him a message. So I figure Elijah's chariot ride was in 917 BCE. Jehoram ruled for almost 8 years, and died from a malady that Elijah told him would get. It appears he died in 906 BCE but was plagued with intense intestinal problems for 2 yrs. before that; and before that was still having intestinal problems.

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Just sending this message to see if the subject line shows up.

• RR
    RR

I think you need to edit your original post and then add the subject line!

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Thanks RR, for your suggestion!

• Carmel
    Carmel

Well son,

Old zeek takes his Legacy for a spin quite regularly. Gotta watch out for rock throwers, but hey, life has its risks!

the caveman aka, Eligah, dba carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit