Tribute to Mr. Rogers

by ARoarer 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

How many of us can remember how Mr. Rogers was such was so much a part of not only our own childhood but our children's childhood. How I remember as a teenager coming home from work and seeing my little sister watching Mr. Rogers. And then after having my own children in my 20's sittng with them on the floor singinging along "it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood,,,,,,won't you be mine won't you be mine, won't you be my nieghbor Oh Mister Rogers we loved you and yes we made fun of you but oh yes we will miss you.

As a tribute to Mr. Rogers can anyone mention anything about him and how he made any impression at all, or any memories you had with him in your living room in th morning & evening on PBS?

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I remember him but he used to scare me when I was young.

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

pr capone,

Yes he sometimes scared my daughter when she was very little. She used to love to watch him feed the fish when she got a little older.

• Shakita
    Shakita

Hi ARoarer:

My kids loved the visits to the crayon factory, the bakery, all the places that showed you how things were made on his show. I found them the most interesting part of the show, too! They especially liked the visits to the Land of Make Believe, with King Friday and the gang. I thought that the story lines were very simplistic, but they were just right for the pre-school kids......right at their speed of comprehension. That is what was so great about Mr. Rogers, he would talk on the kids level so they would understand what he was saying.....and in doing so, the adult watching could understand, too!

I will miss him as much as I missed Jim Hensen when he died years ago. Seems like yesterday.

Mrs. Shakita

Great interactive site for kids: http://pbskids.org/rogers/make_believe/

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

Shakita, I do remember the voices of King Friday and his friends every morning. That seems like it was another life.

• joelbear
    joelbear

I liked Henrietta Kitten.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

That show got on my nerves as a kid. The one puppet, the older lady reminded me of this one chick in our hall, looked like her and everything. Drove me batty. The only one I liked was that one little boy lion puppet dude... Anyhow, found the show all together grating.

• wednesday
    wednesday

yes i loved mr. rogers, altough, now as an adult, he semes uh, sort of odd.

anyone remember Captin Knagroo, and Mr. Greenjeans? U have to get in your 'way back machine" for that. Also, the original Mickey mouse club?

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Captain Kangaroo!!!! OMG I loved that show! Anybody remember also the Electric Company?

• Faraon
    Faraon

I loved Mr. Rogers when played by Eddie Murphy in Saturday Night Live.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit