The Governing Body sends dissenters 'into the corn field'.

by Esse quam videri 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

First watch this 6 minute clip from Twilight Zone and then come back to our topic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkJcFGvNgcY

Br. Jones : Brother Smith, I have a question about the new explanation, from the Governing Body, about 'this generation'.

Br. Smith : Yes brother Jones, how can I help you?

Br. Jones : Well, we used to believe that the generation that was going to see the end of system of things were alive in 1914. In fact we were told that they would have had to be old enough to understand world events. Then we were told that they would simply have to be alive in 1914, that even a baby could be classified as of that 'generation'.

Br. Smith : Yes brother, just where are you going with this?

Br. Jones ; Well, now we are told that the 'generation' is actually two 'overlapping' generations and that was difficult enough to understand, well in fact, in didn't understand it at all. Then Br. Splane, of the Governing Body, gave a further explanation about if someone was just a baby and then someone was an adult and then if someone was a...was a... well dog gone it, I am so confused not that this whole subject has by head spinning. How can what they are saying be true if it is so impossible to understand.

Br. Smith: Whoa, whoa brother Jones. Are you saying that the Governing Body are wrong?

Br. Jones : NO!! NO!! That's not what I said, not at all. What they said is completely true. I just mean ... well I wish I could understand what they are saying.

Br. Smith : Be careful brother Jones. Be very careful. You know what happened to brother and sister Adams when they started questioning and stopped believing what the Governing Body said. They got sent out into the corn field, I mean they got disfellowshipped. And now we can never have anything to do with them because they are in the corn field, I mean they are disfellowshipped. And very few ever come back from the corn field, I mean from being disfellowshipped.

Br. Jones:; Oh no brother Smith. What they said is true, it is so true. It's good what they said, it's really good what they said.

Br. Smith : And what do you think about they being sent in to the corn field, I mean disfellowshipped?

Br. Jones : I think it's good. I think it's really good that they got sent out into the corn field ... I mean disfellowshipped.

Br. Smith : That's fine brother Jones. Just keep thinking that way. It's good that you think that way, it's really good!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    The governing body only can wish they have this power. But, as we all know they can't wish anyone into the cornfield.
  • Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

' ...as we all know they can't wish anyone into the cornfield..'.

An analogy is a comparison in which an idea or a thing is compared to another thing that is quite different from it. It aims at explaining that idea or thing by comparing it to something that is familiar.

Twilight Zone - cornfield JW-Org - disfellowshipping.

I thought the fictitious conversation between Br. Jones and Br. Smith made the 'analogy' clear.

• azor
    azor
    Very creative esse.
  • dhlpcjw
    dhlpcjw

That's a great analogy. I love the Twilight Zone and this one is one of my favorite episodes.

The power this organization uses against people through manipulation and fear is disgusting. And what happens if someone thinks "bad thoughts" and doesn't nod along to their bullshit chart pointing? The Elders treat them like they're William Shatner's character screaming there's something out on the airplane wing.

• Sabin
    Sabin
    Esse I love this made me laugh so much. Thanks
  • Zoos
    Zoos
    I think you captured the situation pretty well.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Damn; I'd never thought to make that comparison before.

Well done.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri
    Did anyone catch the name of the 'little creep'?
  • talesin
    talesin

An apt comparison, and quite chilling.

As far as the name of the child - I do not speak those names, just as I do not speak the name of John Lennon's murderer, nor any other despicable person who seeks notoriety. Why give him what he WANTS? (that's just my opinion, and meant as food for thought)

xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit