All in my mind

by JH 12 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

How do you visualize a year?

In my mind, I see a year as a sphere, where January is on top, and July in on the bottom.

January 1st---------on top of the sphere
    February 1st--------at the 11 o'clock position
    March 1st ----------at the 10 o'clock position
    April 1st------------at the 9 o'clock position
    May 1st------------at the 8 o'clock position
    June 1st-----------at the 7 o'clock position
    July 1st------------completely on the bottom at 6 O'clock
    Aug 1st------------at the 5 o'clock position
    Sept 1st-----------at the 4 o'clock position
    Oct 1st------------at the 3 O'clock positon
    Nov 1st-------------at the 2 o'clock position
    Dec 1st------------at the 1 o'clock position.

My father sees time like a slide. Where Jan 1st is on top of the slide and dec 31st would be on the bottom of the slide.

How do you imagine time in your mind?

• ballistic
    ballistic

I see it going down hill into the depths of dark, short, cold days all the way to around the shortest day of the year in December and then slowly going up hill the other side through spring, my birthday, summer holidays, scorching weather to the peak when you return to school and prepare for the winter again.

• blackout
    blackout

Me too I see it as a wavey line with summer at the peaks and winter at the troughs.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

huh

• JH
    JH
    huh

What did these guys smoke?, must think mr.moe

• Princess
    Princess

I never really thought much about it. I guess I see it as a never ending straight line. The sphere makes sense but I'm wondering how your dad gets from the bottom of the slide back to the top at the end of the year.

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

I also see the months as a clock going counter-clockwise, but I visualize it in 3-D and the clock rotates depending on the month. During the first half of the year I see the clock face facing straight out at me, in my mind.

During the last half of the year the clock rotates about 45 degrees to the left so that this gives me more of the percpective that the months are CLIMBING UP to December.

• siegswife
    siegswife

I see it as a book-like calendar.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Personally, I try to make good use of my time.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I hadn't thought about this before, but I guess I see time as a never ending horizontal line. December 31 is in front of January 1, and it just keeps going, like a ruler.

December 31__Jan. 1____________________December 31____Jan. 1___________December 31, etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit