I saw JW advertising on TV!!!!!

by rocky220 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• rocky220
    rocky220

If you know spanish and if you live in the NY,NJ,CT area and you can get Channel 47 [TELEMUNDO]

between 7pm and 9pm [primetime] there are two types of commercials that show family situations and at the end shows the credits as it being from "La congregacion Cristiana del los Testigos de Jehova" and an 800 number....I'll look out tonite and try to post the number on the board for you guys.....this is very interesting indeed!.........rocky220

• Scully
    Scully

Those 800 numbers aren't cheap to run. It would be worth it to call the number over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over........

and tell them they aren't welcome at YOUR door as long as they continue to harbour and shelter child molesters.

Maybe pass around some flyers in your neighbourhood telling people about the pedophile problem in JWs and having the 800 at the bottom with a message that says Tell Us What You Think About Our Policy that Brings Child Molesters to YOUR Door.

Heh heh heh

Love, Scully

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

hi Rocky: how are you ... it is funny that the wt is going after the hispanic people. when i witness in the bronx, i run into a lot of off the boat spanish jw's. . in many cases they don't even speak english. i see this a s a big push by the wt to get new immigrants. who love god . but don't know what the wt is all about.. even in my rotten spanish i try to open their eyes... it is very sad how the wt is trying to suck in new immigrants with their lies. on some of the poorest people in the pop. i know you give them a MOUTH FULL !!!! help as many as you can........ and post that 800 number.. love john

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I haven't seen any of these commercials. So do they present the WT message truthfully for what it is?

JOIN US OR DIE!!!!!!!!!

• rocky220
    rocky220

Apparently the advertisement runs every other day....targeting hispanics 1[866]388-2222. This one shows a little boy sitting on his bed, unable to sleep, apparently due to what happened 9/11 and a drawing of the Twin Towers under attack in crayon is in his hands, and momma comes in to console him, holding him in her loving arms! What exploitation! Using the death of thousands of people to draw in new victims for the Borganization!!!! Disgusting!!!!!! This is seen on Channel 47 in the NY,NJ & CT Area.

Scully, Johnny Cip and Dan the Man...do yo' thang......((((((hugs)))))))rocky220

• Shakita
    Shakita
    This one shows a little boy sitting on his bed, unable to sleep, apparently due to what happened 9/11 and a drawing of the Twin Towers under attack in crayon is in his hands, and momma comes in to console him, holding him in her loving arms!

What hypocrisy! This same organization hid in their own buildings the day of the attack, not caring enough for their fellow man to give assistance to any seeking refuge from the mayhem outside of their ivory tower! I know a JW personally who had to pass some questioning at the door of Bethel that horrible day to be let inside of the building. They only care about themselves and their own salvation. The rest is just propoganda to sell more magazines and books. This just makes me sick!

I will try to remember to look for this add on TV at the time you mentioned with my barf bag ready!

Mrs. Shakita

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

For those who want to watch the ad on line, here it is: http://www.jw-media.org/edu_videos/psa_02lo.htm

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Here's a piece of irony for you. The little boy in the ad is worried about all the bad things in the world, and he has drawn a picture that shows buildings burning and people dieing. Actually, it looks very much like the Society's pictures of Armageddon.

It looks like the mother should keep the kid away from the meetings for a while.

Perhaps a good voice over would be something like this: "Are your children developing paranoid delusions due to repetitive cult indoctrination? What should you do? Well, maybe you should start by getting them the hell out of the kingdom hall !"

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Apparently the advertisement runs every other day....

dang!

I've been waiting to see 1 on TV

I saw the video last year sometime when it was posted on the WT site. I've heard several people say they saw it, but I still haven't seen one on TV yet. I don't think. LOL!

I remember when the thought of the WTS doing ANYTHING on TV was a no no. THAT was what worldly religions do. The last thing I remember seeing on TV, that was at the direction of the WTS, was way way back when "Get Kristy Love" was on a special 20/20 ? or 60 min.?, s peaking out about the persecution of JWs in Malawi (spell ck) in the 70's. Anybody remember that?

• rocky220
    rocky220

Plumcrazy, it's a clear sign of desperation....me thinks......I'm sure theres more to come. rocky220

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit