Reinstatement...the aftermath?

by TxNVSue2023 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TxNVSue2023
    TxNVSue2023

I'm in the process of being reinstated ( my df'ing story is on here). Because I've never been in this position before, I don't know how I will be treated once I'm reinstated.

I moved ti a new city/state and I don't know a single person here or in my new congregation I am attending. Once they announce my reinstatement will I have trouble making friends?

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

To start, I wonder why you started this thread , when 12 hours ago you started the same one
    To answer you:
    Generally I think they will welcome you back to the fold. The congregation will even clap for you. You might have some restrictions (not being able to give talks or give comments) for a bit and the elders may want you to study with some mature sister for a while. For the most part they will be kind to you.

Many of us have spent years trying to get out of the organization. Why are you trying to get back in.? I would recommend trying to make a life for yourself on the outside and seek friends outside of the organization. But I understand you may have different reasons for wanting to be a part of the congregation again.

• JWslave77
    JWslave77

I smell a rat here. Sounds like you're either a troll or just trying to create a story. You just posted the same question yesterday and if you're sincere about going back what are you doing on an apostate forum anyways?

• TxNVSue2023
    TxNVSue2023

This tread is post twice - some kind of glitch

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I think, without looking this is the 3rd time I saw this posting... pasting the same answer from the last time:no one can answer that question for you...you have to live it. you are making a decision to practice .a false religion... giving 9 fakes and their company men control over your life....you will have to take whatever comes and keep your mouth shut. You have asked the question as to whether it is the true religion and you have been given honest answers from many points of view. I used to think if JW didn't have the truth, then there is no truth ( as in a true religion) Well, they don't have the truth. From where I sit no organized religion is truth. Jesus is the truth and the life....not being a member of a false religion. Will you have friends once reinstated-just kiss up to the pioneers and elders, et

• DNCall
    DNCall

If I remember correctly, the congregations have been instructed not to clap when reinstatements are announced. The reasoning, if you can call it that, is that a reinstatement is the beginning of getting back to the program. Only staying with the program over time is worthy of that kind of acknowledgment.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

JWslave77, I have suspicions of this poster...for someone was a JW for 20 years and being ignorant of whats and whys doesn't jell.

• JWslave77
    JWslave77

enoughisenough, I agree. Unless a person was inactive for 19 of those 20 years they'd know the process. You don't have to be an elder to know the answers to these questions. At first I felt sorry for her but I'm skeptical it's a real situation and even if it was.....well if someone goes back to that organization they deserve whatever they get.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    I smell a rat here. Sounds like you're either a troll or just trying to create a story

i thought troll after the first couple of postings. The user is well versed on this forum--as if had previous usernames.

Anyone who has been in the cult for a number of years knows the club rules about sex outside of marriage.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

Spot on Stan! 👍👍

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit