The sugar cube.

by The Rebel 18 Replies latest jw friends

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Firstly thanks to Cofty & Smiddy for the kind words on my " Final Post"

This post is simply to say over two months have passed since my last post and since then I have with my wife and son seen Elton John live, visited Stockholm, Berlin, and most importantly appreciated " The natural beauty of my neighbourhood" with out even thinking about the watchtower. I have also attended 3 Watford football matches with my son and made better relationships with my parents, discovered Harvey's draught beer and made new friends in my local pub. But the best is the quality time with my wife ( Anne Mari) and my son ( Orlando)

I met a former friend in the " truth" he was doing a gas and safety certificate for me on a rental property I own. He confided in me he is trapped because his wife and kids are so indoctrinated. He is also a Watford f.c supporter but whilst I attended with my son ,the early kick off on Sunday prevented him. He had a meeting to attend.

Reason for the post, who am I to judge anyone? I am not interested in converting or debating on a persons faith or athalisam. Why do I say that? Well that terrible plane crash that wiped out the Brazilian football team, co pilot, and journalists. The families may need a faith, a belief to survive. We must live as we can, be ourselfs and maybe the only truth is life and truth are terrible. As for the individual we make the most of it. I am such a lucky bastard I love my wife and child so much and they love me. This is enough....I hope it continues forever. But life is unpredictable and what I believe, what ever you believe, if you can be by yourself and watch a sugar cube dissolve in your coffee and be content your a lucky person.

i hope we all find our sugar cube.

• DJS
    DJS

The Rebel is back. Most excellent. Glad all is well in your world. Live life to the full.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I heard once religion is like a crutch for one to lean on to gain some support.

Its just that some of these figurative crutches end up creating unsuspecting harm toward people and creating other specific ills.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Happy for you and your family.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

The Jehovah's Witness"religion" is full of weak individuals who cannot cope with the outside world. The more one does for the org, the more of a weak person this person is. The org provides a structure for those who will never leave.

The strongest people alive are those who leave these high control institutes, and go on to live their own lives.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Hi The Rebel, glad you're doing well.

How was Stockholm?

I've always wanted to visit Sweden or Norway ...

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Welcome back, I truly missed your posting. It pleases me that you were able to make a better relationship with your parents that is such wonderful news. Time is such a precious thing, we should cherish each day with our loved ones.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Did you go to see the Vasa in Stockholm? Absolutely brilliant piece of restored history.

• compound complex
    compound complex

The Rebel:

Welcome back! Glad you had a good time.

Blessings and Peace.

• smiddy
    smiddy

That is good news to hear The Rebel , the fact that you ,your wife and son are all in a good place enjoying a normal happy life together doing things as a family that you all want to do ,not something that is imposed upon you by a mind control group doing what they want you to do.

I can relate to you enjoying watching a football game with your son , enjoying a beer or 2 or 3 or more (heaven)

As another poster often says " A successful life outside JWism is the best answer to them " or something like that.

And making a better relationship with your parents is a great outcome also.

Take care

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit