The beauty in being mortal

by HiddenPimo 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

I could be by myself forever and only eat pizza and I would still never - never get bored. Now add my young hot girlfriend to the picture and and it's a millions times better. Add eternal youth and now it becomes infinite times better.

Hell no I would never get bored.

The concept of living forever and staying young forever is something all healthy people in their right mind would grasp at and pursue if it was available.

That's why a lot of exjws gave it their all, and sacrificed just about everything they owned including their youth, because it's not a bad thing to live forever and stay young for all eternity.

You thought it was true and you went for it. Don't feel bad, everlasting life and eternal youth was offered to you and you went for it because you examine the evidence and went with it. It's not your fault the evidence was faulty.

That WT's concept of a paradise ruled by a maniac God and 144k crazy nuts overseeing the who thing is a bad idea, but the idea of living forever in peace with no one looking down your shoulder and being able to be with those you love, (Parents, children, significant other, pets, ---- foreverrrrrr ----is not a bad idea.

To bad it didn't happen for us, I wish it would have been a real thing.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The popular saying is :

"You only live once"

Not true

"You only DIE once"

"You LIVE every day"

Don`t waste the gift of life you have live and enjoy it

smiddy3.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

You make some good points.

From a believers perspective, there is one thing curiously and ominously missing from all of the paradise images that the Watchtower has ever printed.

In the Garden of Eden, God himself would walk in the garden and fellowship with Adam and Eve. While all of the pleasures that are available to man are pretty extensive, it is God himself who gives meaning and context for it all.

Without God, a life of pleasure may become little different from hedonism. The Watchtower's idea of paradise where God is absent from fellowshipping with everyone personally is just a pretty version of Hell.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Sea Breeze - "...The Watchtower's idea of paradise... is just a pretty version of Hell."

Don't kid yourself

It wouldn't even be that pretty (second from the bottom).

• HiddenPimo
    HiddenPimo

Thanks for all the different viewpoints. I can appreciate that. We all deal with reality in different ways. I certainly hope my OP was not viewed as an attack on anyone's personal viewpoints (as I outlined at the outset)

Everyone have a great day!

Jared

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Moreover, I read books, watch movies and tv shows almost every single day and in 26 years of life I have no been able to get boredom.

Yup. In my case for example, i have been wanting to get into painting, and learn how to play the piano. Maybe once I retire I will actually have the time to get into those things, but there just isn't enough time in a day to pursue all of your interests. Most people have one or two hobbies and that's it. And even for those there is limited time.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the only thing that will die will be your body.

You, as we recognize ourselves, are made out of pure energy.

Energy packets that pop in and out of existence in a vibration of sorts.

Everything even the sofa I'm sitting on right now is basically energy that our minds can tune into and form them in my case, as a sofa.

Your consciousness will live on brother. Where it goes is up for debate depending on your beliefs.

But energy can neither be destroyed nor created.

• stillin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit