JOB 42 : 16

by brandnew 15 Replies latest jw friends

• brandnew
    brandnew

Anybody tries throwing that overlapping / generation bullshiiiii down your throat.......you tell em to explain that.!!!!!!

"And job saw his children, and grandchildren.......4 generations"

😠 😂

• prologos
    prologos
    and we have two witnesses to that: Jehovah and Satan talked about it. it's written too.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Matthew also list several generations
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Two witnesses... LOL That was awesome

• CalebInFloroda
    CalebInFloroda
    Psalm 95 has YHWH count a generation as "forty years." And the Torah explains that this was all that was needed to have the generation of those who witnessed the Exodus die out in order to have their offspring inherit the Promised Land.
  • OverlappingGeneralizations
    OverlappingGeneralizations

Job 42:16 in the revised NWT (simplified edition) reads: "And Job saw his chillin, thay chillin, and all thay's chillin-chillin, and all thay grand babies, in other words, one generation"

I don't know about you, but that makes perfect sense to me.

• CalebInFloroda
    CalebInFloroda

Overlapping,

Could you make up a chart of all these overlapping "chillin"? If I see it as a chart and you make up years that are just examples but show us how they nevertheless prove urgency of the times, I think I might believe you if I look at the chart for long enough...

That is till you have to make a new chart.

• OverlappingGeneralizations
  • CalebInFloroda
    CalebInFloroda
    Brava, Overlapping! It's so clear to me now!
  • Dumplin
    Dumplin

JC tied the generation to the fig tree leaves illustration. It was the generation that saw the tree first putting forth tender leaves...like in the springtime. So looking at Overlapping's illustration above, which one of those 4 actually saw the springtime/beginning of events? All of them? Logically only one could l do that...the first one.

Then show them the Job scrip. (I think i'll try this now on my wife)

thx everone

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit