"Jehovah's Witnesses Ever-Changing Teachings"

by Doug Mason 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

“Jehovah's Witnesses' Ever-Changing Teachings: The most important changes in the doctrine of the Watchtower Society in the year 1879-2015” by Włodzimierz Bednarski and Szymon Matusiak.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084P2DXL1

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Looks like it could be a good read ,anybody here who has read it and can give a summary?

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The only "teachings" that the watchtower will not change are the ones that will cause them land them in deep legal and financial trouble. So the bullshit blood "teaching" can never change!

just saying!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thanks Doug, and good to see you are still active !

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

and totally rely on whatever the G.B.of Jehovahs Witnesses state

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Don't you realize that The Truth is "ever changing"?

How is it that we were so duped that we couldn't see how ridiculous that statement is?

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Hi Phizzy,

Thank you for your thoughts. During the past few months I created a photobook of my late wife's life and then I created a DVD from it. Most important for my grandchildren and for theirs.

I have resumed by research into Second Temple Judaism. I am collecting material and for the past couple of days I created a PowerPoint file storyboard to help me structure my Study.

I am toying with the idea of making my Storyboard available in case people can help me.

I would like to add a comment that the Watchtower's attitude to remake "truth" and to its propensity to remake history -- this is common for any organisation that plays with people's minds, whether political or any other religious body.

The texts of the scriptures have been subjected to changes from the every moment each was created. The texts have always been fluid.

The Canons are not uniform. Just look at the canons of the Tanakh, Orthodox Churches, and of the Roman Catholics. Only the latter has ever voted on which books should make up their Bible. Martin Luther wanted to throw out several books from the Bible. Apostle Paul was not responsible for half the letters ascribed to him.

Sure the WTS is loose with "truth", but they are in good company.

All I can say is: break free.

Doug

• Splash
    Splash

Similar to that book I spent some time compiling a list myself which I shared a few years back.

Take a look at how WT can never make up their minds on just about every teaching they ever had. I’ve put the flip-flop document in here for posterity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit