Six Convincing Lines of Evidence that the WTS was RIGHT

by jgnat 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jgnat
    jgnat

LOL Faraon. Isn't it comforting to know that the FDS is not wasting their time on worldly matters, like flower beds, in these last days?

P.S. I am so impressed that you checked out my link.

• Faraon
    Faraon

jgnat,

Yes, and the future is so near thev'e never stopped investing in Wall Street because they want a better future in the soon coming Armaggeddon. Jehovah somehow will protect their investments in the Stock Market when Armaggeddon comes.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Jgnat,

thanks for posting "the 6 lines of evidence...", another great deceptive

way by the WTBS.

Read all th einteresting comments, and finally I do agree with your

well phrased conclusion:

1***" The organization has gentrified in to a lazy, easily controlled cash cow. Growth spikes would be harder to manage and control. Some of the latest videos glorify the past history of the WTS. Tradition and loyalty override Truth (tm) and logic. "

2*** "What the WTS will have trouble maintaining, however, is the myth that they are the Only True (upstart) religion that is overthrowing the chains of the traditions of men. "

3*** "They are no longer the newest thing on the block. They have followed the path of every other religious offshoot, and stiffened up as they aged."

Great!!!

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• jgnat
    jgnat

Faraon, the end is coming "any day now" takes on another meaning when a corporation is holding long-term stocks, huh? It also burns me that the WT leadership believes they have within their membership all the knowledge and experience that would be required to reconstruct an entire civilization. I guess all the time spent organizing conventions will come in handy, huh?

MacHislopp, I am flattered you took the time to read all that. You deserve a medal for endurance.

• rmt1
    rmt1

Responses to Point 4 could be distilled to the Sigmoid Curve: no biological organism or structure of organisms (empires) evades the Sigmoid Curve. Foretelling the (inevitable) decline of an empire is equivalent to foretelling the decline of an individual. Additionally, Point 6 seeks to appeal to our innate understanding of the inverse, or opposite side of, the Sigmoid Curve, i.e., that things decay in a logarithmic fashion. I'd love to see a graph of hard numbers Memorial partakers vs publishers vs attendees for all times recorded. If Point 6 is true, partakers very well |ought| to have a conspicuous, distinguishable logarithmic decay. We know, however, that it's been hovering at 8000+ long past what logarithmic decay woudl suggest. (I'm sure such a graph exists on this board.)

• jgnat
    jgnat

Five years later....here are the graphs, rmt1.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/memorial-partakers.php

If sigmoid is right and Rutherford wrong, memorial partakers are destined to increase for many years to come.

Sigmoid Curve

• Ding
    Ding

It's amazing to me how the WTS continually equates Bible numbers and prophecies to its own organizational history and JWs buy it hook, line, and sinker.

The Finished Mystery book (1918) equated a Bible number to the distance between two Watchtower locations by way of the Hoboken ferry!

It also "verified" its conclusions by comparing it to measurements of various parts of the Great Pyramid of Giza, "God's stone witness." After he solidified his hold on the organization, Rutherford denounced the pyramid as pagan and satanic, but Russell's grave still has a large pyramid on it, symbolizing his belief that God guided its construction and that it verified Russell's teachings.

Then there are the Society's tie-in between the 7 trumpets of Revelation and the Cedar Point, Ohio conventions.

All of this is patent nonsense, as are the "six convincing lines of evidence".

• jgnat
    jgnat

Gideons place over a million bibles a year in the US and are in 182 countries.

Over 6 billion viewings of the Jesus film, translated in over a thousand languages.

In 2009, Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) medical teams treated 250,000 children suffering from acute malnutrition in 116 programs in 34 countries, primarily with nutrient dense ready-to-use foods, which, while more expensive than foods currently provided by the food aid system, actually work to prevent and cure severe malnutrition—and can be used on a very large scale. Currently, MSF is operating 120 nutrition programs in 36 countries.

Red Cross/Red Crescent societies, almost 2 billion in financial aid around the world in 2010, their common mission “to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilizing the power of humanity”.

• jgnat
    jgnat

BTTT

Hubby showed me a six-spoked wheel on the cover of an upcoming Watchtower. They are recycling the "six lines of evidence", soon. (Reference to Haiti, Christchurch, and Japan?)

Sorry, I don't know which WT it is.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I believe personally that if Jesus existed AND he said those things AND the book we know now as the Bible wasn't written and edited after the facts that:

a) Jesus started a new religion

b) The times of the end prophecies were destined for Jerusalem and do NOT have a reflection on our current era

c) Revelation was more of a mystical Christian book as opposed to the somewhat literal interpretation of the rest of the Bible. If the prophecies are true then the prophecies in Revelation either already happened and were fulfilled and we missed it or we're still waiting on it. Either way I don't believe that the OT God would preside over the events (destroy everything and leave no survivors)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit