Morphs law

by _Morpheus 14 Replies latest social entertainment

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Regarding morphs laws and its simple expression: its a direct parallel to godwins law on internet debates. Goodwins law states:

As an online discussion grows longer, the greater the probability of a comparison involving Hitler approaches. that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Adolf Hitler or his deeds. Further, when a Hitler comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever made the comparison loses whatever debate is in progress.

morphs law takes the truth of goodwins law and applies it to this forum specifically. Morphs law states:

in any debate on this board, if it goes on long enough, someone will accuse a poster of being in another cult or still having cult personality traits. More over whom ever resorted to this is themselves showing the cult like traits and has lost the argument based on their inability to reason and resorting to the ‘still in a cult’ or ‘still thinking like your in the cult’ accusation.

Im sure it could be restated and refined a bit but you get the point and no doubt see morphs law in action every day on the forum.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Aw, me thinks the lady protesteth too much.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Morpheus, you’re such a little Hitler! I think the JW’s got to you bad mate.....

🤓

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

You cultish Nazi! Typical JW mindset....

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

So you're comparing yourself to Hitler?

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@_Morpheus:

I think you are correct.

• Listener
    Listener

Now you're creating your own little cult as demonstrated by you creating your own laws.

• cofty
    cofty

This exact same idea was in use for a while as Cofty's Law 6 years ago.

The difference is I didn't propose it or try to name it after myself.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

Goodwin's Law, hence Morph's Law. --Sail Away, on behalf of the grammar police ;)

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Morpheus, you’re such a little Hitler! I think the JW’s got to you bad mate.....

Morphs law!

You cultish Nazi! Typical JW mindset....

Morphs law!

So you're comparing yourself to Hitler?

*facepalm*

Now you're creating your own little cult as demonstrated by you creating your own laws.

Morphs law!

Goodwin's Law, hence Morph's Law. --Sail Away, on behalf of the grammar police

Morphs... no wait, goodwins... no.... morphs goodwin?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit