Tattoo Removal

by scumrat 9 Replies latest watchtower medical

• scumrat
    scumrat

I have two tattoos. However there is one I would like to have removed. Has anyone had one removed before? How did you have it done and how much did it cost? Any information would be helpfull. Thanks.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hey Scumrat. Oh the proverbial unwanted tattoo.

Well, I am not sure where you are, but where I am, there are two things I have known and have encountered (people who have had both proceedures done).

First: the unwanted tattoo can be covered over by another tattoo. BUT...this will hurt like hell because the skin where the tattoo is, is super tender, yes...even after all these years.

Second: talk to your family physician, and enquire about having the tattoo removed surgically. If you are in Canada, I believe some of the provincial health care covers some/most or all of this proceedure. Check with your local provincial health care office. If you are in another country, it can be done surgically, but you may have to pay for that from your own pocket, or from your insurance company.

I know a couple of people who have either or both done. The covered over tattoo, looked fine. The surgically removed one....looked like nothing was ever there, but the skin looked different.

Not certain if that helps, but good luck with this if you intend to carry out either proceedure. Let me know what you plan to do, and/or how it goes.

Take care .

• TorturedSoul
    TorturedSoul

I had 2 removed. The doctor used a special laser. It took 3 treatments, no pain and they

were gone for good. It worked fantastic and I am glad I had it done.

Good Luck

TS

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

http://www.howstuffworks.com/tattoo-removal.htm

Dan, never-did-and-never-will-understand-the-appeal class

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

That's why I got mine where NOBODY can see them. Except in certain circumstances. Usually, when I'm showing them on purpose.

• LB
    LB

Billy I remember seeing a tattoo of yours posted here on an old thread. It looked cute. Mine is ugly, Iike it that way. A cute tattoo on an old guy is just wrong.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I don't have any tatoo's but my sister had one that she had removed. It was a small to med , size purple flower and green leaves. But it reminded her or her hubby , of her past and she wanted it off.

She went to a plastic surgeon who started doing lazer on it. It took many visit to fade the colors, and then it turned into a horrible burn like scar, and it wasnt healing well. Finally he decide to cut the burned area and the deep scar tissue and now she has no tatoo, but an ugly scar.

Her case was unique the doctor said , because she tends to form thick scar tissue , most people dont in that area, the shoulder.

So if she wouldnt not have had the problem with the lazer causing such deep scar tissue, it would not have needed to be cut off.

Ask your doctor about the possibility of burns of excess scar tissue before, and maybe think about any cuts or scars you have to judge if you might scar easily too. OF course this surgeon might have just made a mistake on her, and wasnt familiar or practiced using a lazer. So it is worth it to find someone with a really good reputation.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    It took many visit to fade the colors, and then it turned into a horrible burn like scar, and it wasnt healing well. Finally he decide to cut the burned area and the deep scar tissue and now she has no tatoo, but an ugly scar

Man, I'm trying to feel some sympathy here, but...

How could you possibly go to a tattoo place with the intent of having a permanent marking put on your skin, and not have it cross your mind that you might regret this someday and that maybe this isn't such a good idea???? I mean, come on!

That goes beyond being a 'youthful indiscretion'. It is just plain stupidity!

Dan, looking-into-becoming-a-millionaire-laser-surgeon class

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Dan I totally agree,,,,,,, I love my sister , but ,,,,,,,,,,,if I told you why she got the tattoo off it would make things clearer. She just got married to a man who is very controlling, jealous and wants to look a certain way on the outside , because of his baptist church folks. Having a tatoo on your shoulder as a woman in our little town, would just set tongues wagging, is what he thought. I don't think that at all, just stating how my bro law is. She like a fool, told him where she was , who she was with ( a witness she was having an affair with in another state) and what the tattoo meant at the time.

She ,I am sure although she will not admit it to me, did it because that he pushed her into doing it.

I know without her saying because I will speak up when I see him controlling her to the point ,I rarely spend time with her ,and she lives behind me, right behind me. If she comes over , he calls asking where she is. After her work, she is to go to his work and sits with him. . But that is the way she wants it right now, it is not my business to tell her what to do. Sometimes I do point out that I am not stupid I see how controlling he is, but hey, she is grown and she has to live with him. So now she doesnt complain too much about him because she knows it makes me sick and I will say my mind if she brings up his controlling ways.

Before she had the tattoo removed, she also had her breast implants taken out. She always loved her implants, when they busted 2 times, she had them redone. I thought it was strange that she would take them out. When a woman has large breast implants and they take them out ,usually they do a breast lift,,,,,,well, when she had hers out she had to fight him to let her have the breast lift, which was very necessary to have a good outcome on apperance.

So , I join you with this expression

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Dede,

It is too bad that your bro-in-law is such a dork.

But at the same time, I've often noticed that egotistical, arrogant men are never left wanting for women.

I heard one time that Halle Barry had "Justice" tattoo'd across her arse while she was married to David Justice (baseball player if you didn't know). I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I hear about things like that. Thank God most of the world isn't like the JW cult and women can get away from their asshole husbands (or vice versa) without being disfellowshipped and all that crap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit