So much wrong with today's text....

by doubtfull1799 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799
    "Jehovah takes the initiative to bless his loyal servants."

This statement is a contradiction or on oxymoron or something.... if they already had to demonstrate loyalty before he acted then he did not take the initiative!

Our faith is not complete unless we are convinced that Jehovah will reward....Yes faith involves the certain expectation of Gods promised blessings.

So they condemn people for "serving to a date", the carrot if you like, and being disappointed when there blessings do not materialise at the promised time... yet say that the carrot is an important part of faith!!!

• Lieu
    Lieu

Interesting since that verse has nothing to do with faith. They left something out ...

Malachi 3:9-11 NIV

You are under a curse---your whole nation---because you are robbing me.

• [10] Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.

[11] I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe, ” says the Lord Almighty.

Seems to have to do with required grain offerings per Mosaic Law and such for the Temple; which they weren't doing.

You don't need faith to follow the law.

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

Good point @Liew, highlights another absurdity of the text....

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    doubty - "Jehovah takes the initiative to bless his loyal servants."

Their made up trade-mark god didn't do anything for my poor old dad. He died in agony wasting away from cancer.

Thanks god, you're really on point. Now, can you tell me what the blessing was? Died faithful to what?

I see how they are keeping the text all fluffy and lovey dovey. OoooOOOOooooOOOOoooooh, god loooovvveeessss you. Keep the WBT$ hive mind going.

Let's re-cult. It's a view.

Faith....good grief, Charlie Brown. Don't get me started. Faith is the excuse people give for forcing themselves to believe fairy tales and lies.

I didn't sleep well last night. Got a headache the size of mount Vesuvius. Perhaps jar-hoover will bless me with a cure.

Rant over. As you were. Have a nice day. (Said in a posh British accent).

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Jehovah`s Witnesses caught out cherry picking scriptures again and giving their own interpretations to it ?

• freddo
    freddo

"Jehovah`s Witnesses caught out cherry picking scriptures again and giving their own interpretations to it ?"

Too right smiddy - they even cherry pick part of the cherry picked verse to make it fit their agenda!

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    So much wrong with today's text....

You do the day text every day?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Do they still print the days text as a booklet, does anyone know?

I preferred this verse in the old NWT - a blessing until there is no more want.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Jeehoober and Dubs are in a classic dysfunctional/abusive relationship.

DD

• nugget
    nugget

It is hard to see what blessings have been poured out. They will suggest that the blessings are all spiritual whilst people want for education, food to eat, places to live, loving families and physical help.

A life with little joy is lacking the basic components to be a successful life. When the kids ask whats for dinner I'll let them know that blessings are coming.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit