Are their " wishy, washy" congregations...

by The Rebel 12 Replies latest jw friends

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I believe it is the recently dissolved cong from my husbands youth, where his father was an elder while my husband was attending, that was wishy washy/liberal which now has him convinced the rules are really made to be broken, if you choose, and do so in private. He believes that the rules will not affect you or your family, and no one will "tell" on you. It's only a problem if you "broadcast a difference in opinion", in his mind.

I feel this is the most dangerous of all the beliefs he took away from his JW upbringing because now he feels like he can be baptized at any time, and all this he believes is real, when we all know it is really not. Some apathy from elders or members here or there might cause "look overs" but in general this is not real. The new congregation, who knows the level of "strict" that is there? I do know his own mother seems to be showing signs of inactivity, and occasionally almost confides in me, almost, enough to know she is anxious and unsettled. I leave all conversation up to her, now knowing the correct way to handle ones with a "crack" in the JW emotional armor. I simply agree with her, try empathizing as much as possible, and say positive things about her and all the things she does for others ( Not JW things, but she is a serious giver to other people, shopping at estate sales and then giving away clothing etc, to those who struggle, etc.)

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Syritherous

please explain.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

There are wishy-washy congs for sure they can be the most hypocritical I reckon because they choose to enforce rules when it suits them and choose to look the other way when it suits them - usually depending on who you are related to and if they like you so they can just as nepotisitic as hardline congs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit