What makes them different

by JH 10 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Isn't it easy to spot JW's? Not only by the way they dress, but also by the way they crowd up cars.

Just about every time I see 4 or more people in a car, especially when driving slowly, I know they are Jehovah Witnesses.

What other traits do they alone have?

• Dawn
    Dawn

1) wearing dresses in 20 below weather

2) outdated clothing and hairstyles (always 10+ yrs behind to be modest)

3) propoganda literature in the car

4) dazed look of confusion..............(I've lost the new light.....what was it again?)

• Sargon
    Sargon

It's that smug look on their faces. You know the one... 'heh, we've got the tooth and we want to share it with you but your probably not going to listen to us and die while we live forever' look.

In reality it's not much different than the look you see on moonies, scientologists, hari krishna's..., but when you combine that smug look with a book bag; you know it's a dub.

• dottie
    dottie

LOL

One thing that automatically pops into mind is not only seeing them dressed up walking down the street, but the trademark "bookbag" or briefcase. Damn...I see suits with briefcases walking towards me and I turn the other way

Dottie

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

I know that when I've been in NY, it was easy to spot the handywork of the Bethel School of Hair Design. Some ot the brothers up there used to joke about it all the time...even giving each other the "Watctower Power" sign to confirm their identity.

Also, being a nice dressed (albeit usually waaaaaaay out of style) group getting out of some beater of a car....

Coon

• minimus
    minimus

BLOOD CARDS....Suits and ties in 100 degree weather......Freezing women in dresses during January.....Not caring about going to heaven or hell....untrained volunteers as "leaders"......Not being able to go anywhere normal on Tuesday and Thursday night or Sunday morning....Not being able to have a "worldly" friend....Being told that everything is bad and that YOU are NOT good enough

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

They have that "deer caught in the headlights look"..The glazed face with a "I`d rather be somewhere else" grin.. The "dub shuffle" as they make they`re way to the next door,with a brief-case full of crap they`re unlikely to get rid of before armagedon,which WBTS has cancelled more than a few times..ect..ect...OUTLAW

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

A few

• willingness to relinquish autonomy of the human mind
    • extreme distrust (even of their own senses), and fear of impending doom - to the point of making changes to all ADLs
    • the ability to continually function barely noticed in general society while suffering from such a serious mental illness (i.e. keep a lid on it)
    • a use of arrogance to repair psychology and maintain homeostasis
    • hatred
  • Country Girl
    Country Girl

Having that good old "Jesus Glow".

Country Girl

• anti-absolutism
    anti-absolutism

Similar to country girl...... a smugness that somehow still lacks confidence!! The kind of look that is more easily identified by former dubs..... the kind of look that says, "If you try to have a spiritual conversation with me I will prove to you that I am absolutely right, and I will also hope that you are not perceptive enough to realize that my INNERMOST emotions are in complete upheaval due to the fact that it is actually impossible to be absolutely right!!!!"

God, that was scary.... it made me remember how I must have looked those first 28 years...... ouch

Brad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit