Ordinary people just like you and me............

by digderidoo 9 Replies latest jw friends

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Ordinary people just like you and me,
    We're the keepers of our destiny,

Words of an oasis song of their latest album..(can't think of the song at the moment).

Words hit a chord...

Since leaving the 'truth' i have felt as tho it's up to me to build my own destiny.

Do not rely on other people to dictate it to you. Do not look at a group of people, declaring themselves as the chosen ones. Do not look to an ultimate purpose of being here. Do not look forward to 'god's' purpose for you.

Build your own destiny. Make choices. Ultimately you are the one that has to answer for your actions. This life is too short, cram in as much experience as you can.

Go on be a sinner!

Just my thoughts....what say you?

Yours dig

Ordinary people just like you and me...
    We're the keepers of our destiny...

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Yeah,

Screw your life up! YOU doing a pretty good of doing it.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

A second point, 'ordinary people just like you and me'

All of us are just plain ordinary, it doesn't matter what you have, it doesn't matter who you are. Ultimately we're just the same as each other...

Yours dig

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Fred,
    you have no substance

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

dig,

all things may be possible , but not allare advantageous......

you can seemingly CREATE your own reality........but I know you willstill rely on the sun coming up.........is that your own........

I am always interested when the pendulum swings the other way., I like to know I have had company..........

Dig, I have felt that way myself........but at a certain point it changed...because much of it was out of my hands....and now i see most everythingis, except the decision whether it is my own or not...is out of my own hands...........

it takes time dig....... go inside find you and you'll find most of the answers........

you are already way ahead of many ........you have left the mind control on a weekly or daily basis.....

keep going.........

S

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Much of it is out of your hands stephen,
    But my point is we still have choices....
    For instance, if i were in poverty in some third world country, my choices would be limited...
    They are now...
    okay i'm in no thirld world country....
    However, we can still have choices, within the confines of our circumstance...
    I guess what i'm trying to say is listen to yourself...
    Do not get caught up with looking for someone else to give you the answers....(WTBTS...or anyone)
    We can still create our own destiny....do not be put off...

Yours dig

• Englishman
    Englishman

Now then, young Fred,

'69 International assembly, Wembley, London. Sat theme: Learning to adjust our thinking.

'70 International assembly, Twickenham, London. Sat theme: Our future is there in the palm of OUR OWN hand.

Now you are telling us that the WT people are wrong!

Are you an apostate? I'm so sorry, but if that's the case, then I'm afraid that I can't talk to you any more.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Englishman.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Dig,

Indeed seek to make your own decesions, but I hope you are doing so by trying to find God's will for you, and trying to conform your will to that of God's. God has a plan for each of us, fulfilling it is what brings true happiness. neither the WTBTS nor the Roman Catholic Church, nor any other org, borg or institution can tell you what God's plan for you is. Leave the organization, GREAT, but don't leave God (which all too often happens when people get free). Find God on His terms and yours, not the organizations. But find him.

Prayerfully

Yeru

YERUSALYIM
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Shakespere: Hamlet

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Yerusalyim,
    You are asking me whether i will make my own decisions, within the confines of god's will. Which god do you speak of?
    Who is god?....Does he exist?....How do you know?...
    It appears to me that you have jumped ship from one to another....
    Why should i confine myself to your God???????
    Okay so may be god does exist....does that mean we have to live our life within the interpretations of his will???...whether that be your interpretation or the WTBTS???
    You say find god on his terms???...Surely you are telling me to find god within the bible's interpretations terms....you may be wrong, I put it to you that god's name may be allah...may be buddah, may be gurunannak....who's right? By telling me to find god on his terms, i am condemning those of the population that believe in some other god.

I am not willing to do that.

Yours dig

• larc
    larc

yeru,

I have a similiar question to digs. Is God's will for me, the same as it is for everyone else, kind of a generic across the board "will", or is it a specific thing? If it is specific to me, then I don't have a clue, because I have never had any personal conversations with God. If it is a specific thing that I am supposed to sense as something that kind of pops in my head now and then, then I think it comes from me, myself, and I, not God. If it is a generic thing, then there seems to be a lot of disagreement among people as to just what it is, hence the hundreds of religions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit