Are Jehovah’s Witnesses as “Ministers” Teachers?

by minimus 13 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

All JWs are supposed to be “ ministers”. I would think that anyone that is considered a minister should have immense knowledge of their religion and should be able to teach anyone who inquires of the teachings.

My understanding is that most Witnesses cannot explain even basic teachings without difficulty.

If you are not capable of explaining the beliefs, you have no business calling yourself a minister of God.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

They get out their mobile phones and direct you to their website to answer any questions asked now.

I'm guessing that's what they are instructed to do as perhaps only those with accurate knowledge of how the cult operates actually approach them and the org. knows JW beliefs crumble very quickly under expert scrutiny.

• Are you serious
    Are you serious
    One thing I never understood when I was in is how I could be an ordained minister just by getting baptized.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Don't you know they are the most "taught" people on Earth?

TMS School

KM School for Eldubs and MS

Pioneer School

School for whateverthefukitiscallednow Evangelizers

School of Gilead

Not to mention that 4 years of reading the Awake! magazine is equal to a college education. OH OH! WAIT Now there are only 3 Awake! magazines OR 16 PAGES EACH published vs 24 issue of 32 pages each when that was said.

NOW IT WILL TAKE SIXTEEN YEARS TO GET ALL THAT LEARNING DONE!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Ye of little faith ,don`t you know that 10 year olds are considered ministers of religion in the JW religion ?

When they are baptised ?

Evidently Jehovah overlaps there brain with all of this knowledge to make it so.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

A religious Minister is usually in addition trained in Pastoral care. We know the paucity of such training for the Elders, and the non-existence for lesser JW's.

Over the years JW Org has argued that their cult members are ministers when it suits them to do so, not if the Courts are likely to say the Org itself is liable for JW misdemeanors. Then the JW suddenly becomes merely a Lay Person.

• minimus
    minimus

Let a minister of Jehovah’s Witnesses decide they are going to marry someone legally and they will find out quickly how much of a minister they really are.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet
    • Let a minister of Jehovah’s Witnesses decide they are going to marry someone legally and they will find out quickly how much of a minister they really are.

Does that mean my first marriage is void and null. Married in a KH buy a elder.

• zeb
    zeb

There was a wt that described us as Ministers.

Later there was another wt that said we were not.

Both drawn out with lots of cherry picked scriptures to 'prove' the case. I forget which one came first.

Perhaps this was the start of my doubting..

• minimus
    minimus

If an elder and only an elder married a couple, it was acceptable. But no other ministers could perform a marriage and be legally recognized.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit