District Championship Friday Night

by LB 5 Replies latest jw friends

• LB
    LB

We travel about 50 miles friday night to play the other number 1 seed in our district championships. Winner goes to the state championships in two weeks. My boys have been great. Won every league game and now we play the first place team from up north. Two teams left out of 16. Only one goes to state.

With the grandstands filled with coaches tomorrow night this will be one of my biggest games. But I have a good team that is skilled and filled with desire. They are prepared. Now it's showtime. Other teams may have a couple of players that actually would be the best players on my team, but, I have the deepest bench in the state. We should do well.

If not I'll be crying the blues here late tomorrow night. Tip off is 9:15pm west coast time. Keep some good thoughts for me. These kids have played their hearts out.

I need a beer, nite all.

• gumby
    gumby

LB,

You must be more precise with airheads like me hanging around this board !

Is it wrestling, baseball, basketball, volleyball, swimming? You never said what sport it was. I know....I should know by now what your kids are into.....but as I said....I'm an airhead that can only remember 3 to 4 hours ago...........damn weed anyways !

Gumby

• LB
    LB

Sorry, it is Basketball. I was wrong. I did get some sleep last night, sometimes for several minutes in a row.

• Princess
    Princess

Good Luck to you and the boys Al. We'll be thinking of you around 9:30. [:)]

Looking forward to seeing you and Jill next month!

Rachel and Steve

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Good luck LB, wishing you and the team success!

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Good Luck LB!!! I know you are already there but I didn't see this until just now. Must have gotten sucked into the Bermuda Triangle here. Looking forward to hearing the highlights of a WIN!!!!!

XW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit