in the Money

by Phil 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Phil
    Phil

I have read the posts on the so called wealth of the JW organization. Where is the proof that they have all this money in the banks, somewhere.

With all the people leaving the org I can only assume that more concrete information would be available from people that have actually worked in the accounting department and would furnish this to the FBI. Where is this concrete information. Foaming at the mouth as indicated in the posts so far will achieve nothing. Does anyone have the facts Maam, only the facts.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Traditionally there have been only two or three men in Watchotwer headquarters who knew everything about the Society's money. In the late 1970s, for example, they were Nathan Knorr and Grant Suiter, President and Secretary-Treasurer. Most GB members are in the dark since they have no "need to know" unless they're directly assigned to the Treasurer's office. So unless one this tiny handful decides to spill the beans, no one else is going to know full details of Watchtower finances. Given that only people with decades of Bethel experience are put in such positions, a resignation is unlikely unless the whole organization self-destructs.

AlanF

• avengers
    avengers

"unless the whole organization self-destructs"

Wouldn't that be cool?

• onacruse
    onacruse

Perhaps a comparison with the LDS church would provide some clues:

http://www.xmission.com/~country/reason/lhm1097b.htm

TIME LOOKS AT MORMONS

By Jerald & Sandra Tanner

(This article originally appeared in The Salt Lake City Messenger, Issue No. 93, November, 1997)

Time magazine devoted 10 pages to an examination of the Mormon Church. The outside cover of the magazine shows a beautiful picture of the Salt Lake City Temple and carries this intriguing headline: MORMONS, INC. The Secrets of America's Most Prosperous Religion.
    Time were very hard to obtain in Salt Lake City. Some Mormons who were fortunate enough to find copies were distressed with some of the observations found in the magazine. On the other hand, however, many Mormons were happy that the church received so much publicity.
    Time:

Time has been able to quantify the church's extraordinary financial vibrancy. Its current assets total a minimum of $30 billion. If it were a corporation, its estimated $5.9 billion in annual gross income would place it midway through the FORTUNE 500, a little below Union Carbide and the Paine Webber Group but bigger than Nike and the Gap.

By way of comparison: If every regular publisher since 1965 has contributed $25 per month (directly or through literature placements), the gross proceeds would amount to approx $32 billion.

Craig

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride
    With all the people leaving the org I can only assume that more concrete information would be available from people that have actually worked in the accounting department and would furnish this to the FBI

Even if someone did have hard evidence, why would they need to give it to the FBI? Are they breaking any laws?

• link
    link

A lot of financial information about the organisation is in the public domain and some details are available on the Internet. For example here in the U.K. the Charity Commission makes financial information on all registered charities available to the public.

With the Society the trick is to find out the names of the Companies and Organisations that they use to cover their tracks. If anyone cares to make the effort I can gaurantee that they will be surprised at the extent of their wealth. Certainly it is far more than the average Dub would ever dream of, and thats just the portion that you can see.

I am currently in contact with the I.R.S in the States to see how their disclosure laws operate with regard to the accounts of charitable operations. If anyone already has this information it would save me a lot of work!!!

• link
    link

Just a bit

• happy man
  • link
    link

Sorry, the cursor just shoots all over the place whilst I am typing!!!

Just wanted to say that I have discussed my findings to date with Witnesses and they all believe that the money is used to build Kingdom Halls. What none of them appear to know is that the Society loans the money to build the Kingdom Halls and it has to be repayed in full by the congregations. Once it is paid off the Society are named in the Title deeds so that if the congregation ceases to exist, it is the Society who get the proceeds from the sale of the Hall.

All very interesting

link

• happy man
    happy man

I aw the post thet show 5,6 procent in Jp morgan money market fund, it was arond 800.000m dollars.

I think this is only one post, we are so bigg now thar perhaps 10 billion $ is a minimum to have as an bufert if we have hard times, but the risk is bigg, if you use the market, and stocks, some have lost enormus like myself, esy come easy go, but it isnt fun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit