One True Religion

by mrquik 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mrquik
    mrquik

Is there one true religion? Not yet. Applying Jesus' identifying requirements, not one religion qualifies. Coming close doesn't count. Will we live to see the one true religion? I'm betting no. After 50 years in, I've come to 2 conclusions: everyone good comes back & time stands still for the dead. That's all you need to hang on to.

• TxNVSue2023
    TxNVSue2023

I was wondering similar. But to me close enough is good enough. I just have to look at the world today and the people in in - how corrupted everything is. The world is a mess and is declining fast. To me, that's truth enough to seek out anything that is opposite to the world. Its like the whole world is a cult ' the culture of Satan.

Even nonreligious people see the rampant evil in the world.

Here's an example ( love this comedian!)

https://youtu.be/a6etpmQUc2M

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

No Religion can be true. Truth is only established upon irrefutable Facts and Evidence, no Religion has, or will ever, have that.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

of course there is one true religion....its the one you believe in, Nobody would claim their religion is false--would they ?

However--if--like me you believe that god is a myth--then all religion is false--and everyone is happy.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

Jesus established the Christian congregation, but it's splintered right now. The direction to the congregations in Revelation is for all the splintered groups who claim to be "Christian" (including JWs). When he takes the throne in heaven, he'll send his angels to remove the weedlike teachings (the "leaven") and the wolf-like "shepherds" from all the denominations - he'll allow the nations to destroy the religious institutions - and then Jesus will reorganize and refine the congregation the way it's supposed to be, with him as the Head instead of some hypocritical religious fakers.

"Hold fast what you have until I come," Jesus said, meaning, keep adhering to his teachings about love and faith the best we can until he gets here to clean this mess up.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

My take is Jesus Christ is the truth, the way and the life. Knowing Him means you know the Father. The universe and every atom is held together by His power. No religion or religious organization comes close to being the truth or the way or the life.

• PetrW
    PetrW

There is a beautiful picture in John's Gospel of Peter going fishing with others...

It's night, they're working all the time, throwing the net right, left, paddling back and forth, and nothing. It is only at the dawn of the day, when Jesus comes and is near, that he calls to them, "Cast your net there, there are fish. There were so many that they began to count them.

To me, the implication is that at the end of the age, there will be a similar catch, but I notice that the fish lived long before that, hidden, wary, not giving much indication of where they were, because predators, there was nothing around. Both the fishermen and the fish didn't know about each other, or more accurately: the fish preferred to hide because of bad experiences...

So, in practice, I assume that there are simply many real fish out there, that sea of people around us, but that they are simply hidden. That they grow up, they have small fish, but they also die and wait for the voice of the Lord...

To conclude the fish theme: fish farms also breed fish, but...✌️😎

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

Yes, Jesus is the "way" and the "real fisherman" and the "fine shepherd". He knows where all his little sheep are, whether they're out in the pen or stuck on a cliff or run off in the wilderness. When he gets here, he'll gather us all together. He'll pick up even the honest-hearted lambs that don't know yet their left from their right, the ones who don't know there is a shepherd, who don't believe in Christ yet. He will carry them too.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

The Good Shepherd risks life and limb to rescue his lost sheep.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

I love how the good shepherd shows us about his love by his example and his teachings...

"Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jerʹi·cho and fell victim to robbers, who stripped him, beat him, and went off, leaving him half-dead. Now by coincidence a priest was going down on that road, but when he saw him, he passed by on the opposite side. Likewise, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the opposite side. But a certain Sa·marʹi·tan traveling the road came upon him, and at seeing him, he was moved with pity. So he approached him and bandaged his wounds, pouring oil and wine on them. Then he mounted him on his own animal and brought him to an inn and took care of him. The next day he took out two de·narʹi·i, gave them to the innkeeper, and said: ‘Take care of him, and whatever you spend besides this, I will repay you when I return.’ Who of these three seems to you to have made himself neighbor to the man who fell victim to the robbers?” He said: “The one who acted mercifully toward him.” Jesus then said to him: “Go and do the same yourself.”"

The beat up man in the illustration might have been a "fellow believer" but he might not have been one. He might have been a criminal or something else. Jesus didn't focus on that part, because his point was to teach us to show love to a person regardless of our preconceived notion about them. They are a human, made in God's image.

Jesus was speaking from his heart. He came to save all people, even those who are asleep, unconscious, whether literally or figuratively. Eventually when they wake up, they may thank him for his sacrifice and decide to follow him, but whether they do or not, the gift is there for them if they want it. It's already been paid.

Hopefully after the religious institutions are destroyed and the figurative plagues of Revelation are going on, many more will wake up and embrace God's love. Jesus will keep extending his hand toward them right up until the very end. I hope they take it.💖We are meant to be one family with one Father.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit