Is the 1000 year reign literal?

by gavindlt 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• gavindlt
    gavindlt

To all those on this students on this Forum, i would love to know what your view is?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

"we just dont know "

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

🤣🤣

Good answer Stan!

Is the 1000 year reign literal?

*It certainly feels like it - all our gutters and drains have been overflowing since Christmas!*

😉

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

Gavindit, if this is a serious question, a better question to ask would be ... When does the 1000 year reign begin? This is because, it has moved over the years with the dates involved in the establishing of Christ's Kingdom.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

It is literally non-existent

• gavindlt
    gavindlt

Yes no zombie. Is the 1000 year reign literal and if not , when does it begin?

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

Here's another question. How long was it from Adam's creation to the appearance of the serpent in the garden? There might be a formula that comes from this. One perfect man requires a smaller amount of years before testing but an entire civilization requires n times Pi divided by 360 plus 30 lunar moon revolutions times two solar eclipses.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think it is meant to be literal for what it’s worth, although I’ve not got any good arguments for it handy. I think it corresponds to the “Lord’s day” in Rev 1.10, which many think means just “Sunday”, and I think is not exactly JW teaching either, but seems to make sense to me.

• Simon
    Simon

If 1 day can be a 1000 years, and 1000 years a day, then it could just mean everyone missed it 'cause there was a busy news day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit