Looking for the entire 1954 Watchtower Bound Volume IN SPANISH

by ILoveTTATT2 12 Replies latest jw friends

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Hi everyone,

For an incredible amount of topics (vaccinations, worship of Jesus, among others), the 1954 bound volume of the Watchtower IN SPANISH would be incredibly valuable to me.

Does anyone have a scan of it or could send/sell it to me?

Please let me know.

Thanks!

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

I'm looking, but the oldest I'm finding is 1960: https://archive.org/details/Atalaya1960

Have you tried some of the ExTJ forums?

If nothing turns up, Are there specific pages you are looking for? I would like to know, in case I come across a bound volume at some random KH or Home. I could sneak some pictures.

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Wifi, thank you for offering!

The problem that I have is that there is no correlation between English and Spanish bound volumes before 1984, so an article that was printed on November 1953 in the English version will end up being in Spanish on mid 1954 but I would have no idea when specifically.

Now that I looked it up, it seems like it will be either in 1952, or 1953, or 1954:

This whole article would be nice to have:

*** w52 12/15 p. 764 Questions From Readers ***

Questions From Readers

● Is vaccination a violation of God’s law forbidding the taking of blood into the system?—G. C., North Carolina.

The matter of vaccination is one for the individual that has to face it to decide for himself. Each individual has to take the consequences for whatever position and action he takes toward a case of compulsory vaccination, doing so according to his own conscience and his appreciation of what is for good health and the interests of advancing God’s work. And our Society cannot afford to be drawn into the affair legally or take the responsibility for the way the case turns out.

*** w54 1/1 p. 30 Questions From Readers ***

Questions From Readers

● Should we worship Jesus?—G. B., Ethiopia.

The clergy of Christendom that believe in a trinity as the main doctrine of Christianity will answer with a positive Yes to this question. Quite to be expected, for they believe that worshiping Jesus is at the same time worshiping God the Father and God the Holy Spirit, for these three they believe to be Three Persons mysteriously making up one God. The King James Version of the English Bible was rendered by trinitarian translators, and doubtless for this reason the translators rendered the Greek word proskyne′ō by the word “worship,” when applying to Jesus. In fact, in every case of its occurrence in the Christian Greek Scriptures they consistently rendered this Greek verb by “worship.” So we read of the magi’s “worshiping” the babe Jesus, and of persons who approached Jesus or received healing from him or asked favors of him “worshiping” Jesus on earth.

and this one:

*** w54 5/15 p. 317 Questions From Readers ***Questions From Readers● In the January 1 issue of The Watchtower the question from Ethiopia, “Should we worship Jesus?” is answered. In paragraph five Hebrews 1:6 is quoted with regard to the angels of God worshiping Jesus, but in the final paragraph it says: “The answer to the above question must be that no distinct worship is to be rendered to Jesus Christ now glorified in heaven. Our worship is to go to Jehovah.” Does this not contradict the statement of Hebrews 1:6?—T. P., United States.
    Thanks!
  • AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

I will have a look at the library in the Spanish Congs in our hall and see if there's a copy that I can borrow and scan.

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Thank you!

If it wouldn´t be too much of a bother... Yearbook 1945 in Spanish?

• Hecce
    Hecce

Spanish references to vaccinations and Jesus worship from the WT Spanish Library, remember for the dates that you are looking for the volumes are listed by pages and not by dates:

¿le adoran los cristianos?: w54 286-7 (worship)

¿son aceptables?: w78 1/11 31; w75 159-60; w62 94-5; w59 479; w53 255-6 (vaccinations)

Hope that this helps

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1
    I didn't get chance this morning as I was a bad boy and stayed in bed! I will have a look this week though.
  • ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Thank you Hecce!! Smart way to look up the appropriate references pre-1960.

So, now we know:

I need:
    w54 pages 286-7
    w53 pages 255-6

Thanks!

• Hecce
  • wifibandit
    wifibandit

I checked two KH libraries today. They only had Atalayas 1960 forward. The search continues!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit