Is Singleness a Blessing? Sometimes

by wasasister 20 Replies latest jw friends

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Wasasister,
    Talkin from a male perspective....it is good to see a strong woman.
    In the truth we are taught that we are the one's to take the lead... we are the one's who must try to be in control.
    I agree with you that women are taught too, in a sense be weak..
    ...to accept their own situation..

Being single is a wonderful thing....obviously i'm not talkin from your perspective....but for me it is a way to find myself....it took me three years after a divorce to truly realise that i do not need anyone else...yes someone else may be an addition to my life or even something special, but it is not the be all... and end all of life.

I hope that one day my own daughter will turn into a strong woman with opinions of her own, and not look to a man to be her opinion maker.

All i have to say is be strong....you have two daughters that want to learn how to be a woman....you go, teach them by example.

Yours dig

Ordinary people just like you and me...
    We're the keepers of our destiny...

• Carmel
    Carmel

Hey Sis,

I'll be in Seattle by noon Saturday. Gonna drop off my kids and will be free for an hour or so while they re-connect. I know you said you were in the south end. Where's easy for you, some place at southcenter?

carmel

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

:: Gopher: It sounds like life is slowly creeping back into your soul!

Interesting how when you leave the Organization that phrase seems to really apply.

. o O (slipnslidemaster)

• Tina
    Tina

Hi all
    What great thoughts in this thread!! Kudos to all the women and genuine men!!

T4-So true!! regards,Tina

• COMF
    COMF

You are a fine example for others in that position, lady. Thank you for this.

Fred

• wasasister
    wasasister

Thanks COMF, and all others. It means a great deal to me. Your responses give me hope. I'm glad to know there are enlightened males out there. I'd offer a group hug, but as you know, I don't really do that.

• mommy
    mommy

Wassa ((((HUGS)))) Sorry I do that
    I overlooked this thread earlier, and I am just now reading it. WOW! I am so proud of you, the respect I had before has just gone up so much more. I am sure that that part of your life was very hard to go through, and appreciate you sharing with us.

It is so sad even outside of the JW faith how many people stay in unhappy marriages. Even marriages that are not abusive, but unhealthy. In unhealthy, I mean unhealthy for your mental health. All too often we give up a part of our own happiness for another person. When it becomes a burden, and unhappiness is constant, this can be unhealthy. I am a firm believer in enjoying life. And all of us are changing everyday, our views of the world changes. Our needs change, and even how we feel about our spouse.

I feel that it is important that if you make a committment into a relationship or marriage, you should do everything possible to fulfill that committment. But when it comes down to our happiness, and mental health, other possibilities should be looked into. But that is just my opinion

Too often people will stay in a place in their life out of fear or guilt. I say life is so short, and uncertain I personally try to get as much joy out of it as possible. When I go, I want no regrets. I personally have seen too many people die with a handful of could have beens, and a wish list of dreams they did not fulfill. It gave me the courage to take as much as I can out of this life. Enjoy every day as tomorow will be my last.

Thanks again for sharing!
    wendy

• emyrose
    emyrose

Hi Wasasister,
    You sound like a mighty strong lady, I hope you keep posting
    your thoughts. They are like thunder showers to to flickering
    flames of dispair and fear, which our souls burn from.
    I think most men would jump at the chance to date you, if they
    knew your mind. I hope to be as strong as you some day.
    Wishing you continued happiness,
    Emyrose

• Tina
    Tina

Hi emy!
    I just wanted to take this opportunity to say hello and welcome!! regards,Tina

• outnfree
    outnfree

Wasasister,

OUTSTANDING post!

I was just visiting my mother last weekend and she handed me a book to take with me. It's entitled "Raise Your Right Hand Against Fear Extend the Other in Compassion" by Sheldon Kopp.

The frontispiece relates this bit from the Epilogue:

"During his final incarnation, the Buddha seated himself under the Tree of Enlightenment. There he practiced the meditation that would take him to the threshold of release from fear and other forms of suffering. When the Evil One assaulted him with terrible armies of dark and devouring monsters, the Buddha sustained his safety with a mudra, raising his right hand against fear. He then extended his other hand in the mudra of compassion, and announced his decision to go on facing his fears in this life so that the protection of his understanding would remain available until the last of us had also attained enlightenment."

Thanks, "Buddha"!
    outnfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit