Parrots Turn Carnivores.....Media Article ..Sure to get J.W.`s all excited .

by smiddy 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

The first part was a heading in the Herald Sun Newspaper Tues.Sep.15 ,2015 Melbourne Victoria .

, Lorikeets and other parrots are becoming meat eaters---and researchers want to know why.

Griffith University professor Darryl Jones has heard the herbivorous bird was eating mince left out by bird feeders in Brisbane (Australia ) "In two weeks I had about 500 emails from across the country all saying Lorikeets were eating meat" he said.

That will surely get the faithful thinking the big "A" is almost upon us.

In the 1960`s I was told that Buzzards and other carnivorous birds were laying twice as many eggs than was normal proving the big "A' was almost here.

Here we go again

smiddy

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    I have an African Grey parrot. He will eat anything, chicken, chocolate biscuits, toast, Marmite, whatever. He'll devour a red-hot chilli in seconds. So the fact that parrots have been known to eat meat when it's available might excite JWs's, but to us parroteers it's perfectly normal.
  • Heaven
    Heaven

Most birds are omnivores, eating both vegetation and meat of some kind.

Edited to add: Birds will eat what is available so I suspect this is occurring because more meat and less vegetation is presently in their environment.

In Canada, our wild birds tend to be more carnivorous during the spring, summer, and fall when insects are plentiful. The ones that don't go south become more vegetarian during the winter as that is what is most plentiful. For birds of prey, they will usually feast on whatever is available as well, but tend to stick predominantly to a meat diet such as mice, small animals, birds, etc.

• Half banana
    Half banana
    Did someone say the GB are turning cannibal? perhaps I misunderstood.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Interesting OP, Smiddy. It will be fascinating to see what investigations reveal.

In the 1960`s I was told that Buzzards and other carnivorous birds were laying twice as many eggs than was normal proving the big "A' was almost here - was you really told that? If yes, it makes the WTS seem so retarded ...

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie
    Why should I get exited? I just get sad.
  • stuffwotifink
    stuffwotifink
    You just reminded me of a number of "seriousface" conversations I had with dubz about how the seagulls that come into cities because of the dumps - are a bird which will eat carrion! "GASP!" And that totally counts and stuff... right?

The stupidity of it would make me blush if I had any shame left.
    "Look, a seagull, that must mean it's The Truth."
    Grasping after straws.
  • PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Somewhat embarrassed to admit this: My hubby often remarks on the number of scavenger birds he sees lately, i.e., turkey buzzards or crows, being a sign that the end is nigh. This has been going on for 24 years now, so I guess that mean Armeggedon is, wait for it, wait for it, 'SOON'.

• Adiva
    Adiva

We had a Nanday Conure that would eat anything. Shrimp, turkey, lamb, number 2 pencils. She also drank beer and vodka with orange juice.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

x"Everything is awful.... everything is proof Armageddon is near..."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit